We stood a foot apart, me glaring up at him.

"Do you know," I whispered through clenched teeth, "what I went through after you rejected me?"

Dylan's beautiful expression twitched with remorse--but only for a second. Hardening quickly, he glanced up at Mark and muttered, "I can't imagine it would be that bad. You turned out fine."

"I did not turn out fine!" I screamed so loudly my lungs nearly exploded from my chest. "I crawled through the forest wishing to die after you kicked me out! Months after forgetting you, I would see the letter D and suddenly start sobbing all over again! My wolf left me for a year because she was so depressed! Even now, two years after, I still have sudden mood swings of anger and depression! I used to wake up with nightmares, of dishes piled high to the ceiling and people laughing at me as my wolf shriveled away to nothing, weak from never seeing the sun! AND YOU DARE TELL ME WHAT YOU DID WAS BEST FOR ME?"

I had had enough. Enough of stunned reactions and angry screaming and splurging emotions. This wasn't me. I never acted this way.

Breathing deeply, I stared at Dylan with my chin held high and tears streaming down my cheeks.

"I hope you're happy, Dylan," I whispered, my voice cracking.

Brushing past him, I stormed from the room and slammed the door behind me. I needed to find Lizzie--quick--before I lost it.

________________________________________

~Lizzie

________________________________________

She came to my room weeping like a little girl. I cradled her head in my lap, stroking away hair from her tear-stained face and offering comforting words every now and then.

After nearly an hour, her sobs resided to hiccups.

"I can't believe I told him all that," she finally whispered, her eyes staring blankly at the wall.

I shook my head. "The bastard deserved it, Rosie. Now he'll suffer, knowing what he put you through."

Rose sniffed, pulling herself up to a sitting position. She faced me, both of us hugging our knees to our chests and resting our chins on them. "That actually made me feel better, Lizzie." She grinned.

I flipped my hair, feigning immodesty. "Why, thank you! I tend to have these brilliant ideas every once in a millenia, you know..."

She rolled her eyes, but her tears had dried.

I stared at my best friend. When I'd first met her, she had been a mess. She was beautiful, but broken. I knew I had to do something.