I never quite understood my family either. I was told by my aunt that my mother had sadly passed away, and that she had took me in from a rather young age. It was quite disappointing that I was never able to remember my mother, since I was too young to recall such memories.

I was told that my mothers last name was 'Ravenclaw' although it was clearly stated that my mother wanted me to take a different surname to that one itself. So my aunt decided to name me after herself; that was when I became a 'Crow.' I could never imagine myself having 'Ravenclaw' as a surname; although it did sound rather familiar...

   I loved my Aunt Mable very dearly. I had been extremely grateful towards her ever since the day I found out that she had took me in. We shared ample memories together, one of them included reading my first ever book.

    Word by word, we got there in the end.

    I still had lots of questions to ask, but she refused to answer anymore than she already had done. She concluded by saying that the truth would unfold, when the time was right. Unfortunately, I didn't know how long I'd have to wait for that to actually happen.

   Maybe when I was a little older though, I thought.

After having a playful session with Picatrix, I gazed out of my bedroom window, and the countryside that surrounded our little cottage beckoned. Today was, like any other day, a day of sunshine. The hills rolled like a casually laid down quilt, rising and falling in soft and delicate waves. A single oak tree stood high, as it's leaves swiftly swayed down to the ground in the light breeze.

Once I'd finished admiring the beautiful nature that surrounded my house, I decided to change into some of my best clothes, before going downstairs to greet my aunt, and let her know that I was awake and ready to begin a brand new day.

  My clothes consisted of light denim jeans and a burgundy blouse. I tucked stray hairs behind my ears and began looping the laces of my white converse.

   Once I'd reached the bottom of the stairs, I caught sight of her, casually making us both a delicious breakfast. She had done this every morning for as long as I could remember.

"Good morning Aunt Mable." I greeted her cheerfully. She turned her head to face mine, before lovingly smiling back towards me.

Aunt Mable had silky, and rather wavy black hair, that ran all the way down to the end of her spine. Her bewitching eyes were an ordinary oval shape, while her skin colour was mysteriously pale, almost white.

       "Good morning Emmalina, breakfast will be ready soon; why don't you take a seat?" She continued cooking as I nodded my head and sat down at the table, anticipating the food in which I was about to consume.

"And another thing," she began to say, in an almost excited voice. "I have something that you need to see; but you must wait until we have both eaten, okay?"

     I wondered.

     I nodded my head again, and became even more excited than before. Me, nor my aunt never had exciting things to share with one another, it was only on very rare occurrences.

Since we lived out in the depths of the countryside, nothing too exciting ever seemed to arise beneath our noses — but maybe one day, when neither of us are expecting it.