Chapter 1 - The Scottish House of Earle

The banner of Earle flapped and billowed in the strong northern wind as the House army marched along the grey coastline. Seamlessly the army made its way along the coastal pass, lines of white horses and banners on poles flashing gold and red contrasted against the dull skies of Northern England.

Rolling clouds of morbid black began to ride in from the east as the already strong wind grew even more powerful, making the already animated banners wrap completely around their poles. Upon a majestic white horse, surrounded by guards on each side of him, was the great heir to the Earle's' royal claim; Prince Adam of Earle.

Adam was the eldest of the House Earle children, and was the battling claimant to the recently redundant throne of England. Just as majestic as his horse, Adam sat upon it with pride - his head held high as his army set course for London, where their threat, the House of Thorne, lay waiting to seize his throne. To his left was his most trusted advisor, Lord Grey. To his right, his commander, Sir Byron Reed. This iron trinity- this solid link of unbreakable steel- guaranteed Adam his place on the throne of England as the rightful King he believed himself to be. Nothing would stand in their way, not even the House of Thorne.

Onwards the troops rode. Despite the growing storm and the influx of the bitter winter night, the banners stayed raised and the troops kept marching. Three weeks had passed since the death of King John and ever since the news reached the furthest most part of Scotland and England, across both lands people had been stirring and rising up. There was no time for rest, Adam had to claim his throne before some imposter, or some unworthy harlot of House Thorne, claimed it first.

Three days ago the troops and nobles of House Earle left Edinburgh for the final time for in two days, they would arrive in London, battle and defeat the opposition from House Thorne and then, King Adam would sit as the rightful monarch of England.