Chapter 23- Memories

Start from the beginning

"Carebear!" A young Aria giggled as she skipped into a nursery. A small cradle was in the light pink room, a baby lay quietly in the cradle, "How's my Carebear?"

"Elise! We don't have money for it! We're in foreclosure!" 

"Aaron pipe down! The kids are just upstairs!" 

"I don't give a damn! Let them hear! Let the whole world hear! We are losing this house!"

"Aaron stop yelling!"

Cara began to cry and Aria picked up her baby sister, "Hush now. We don't want mom and dad to get upset over you."

The baby quieted down.

-----

Aria lay in her bed, she was still awake. She heard the door open and close, dad was home.

"Aaron, you're drunk again." Her mother's voice snapped and her father smashed something.

"Shut up Elise!" He snapped angrily and her mother screamed.

"Aaron!" She screamed, there was a thud, "I'm taking the girls tomorrow morning and we're leaving. We don't have any money because you spend it on your liquor then come home piss drunk slapping us around! My babies deserve better!"

"You're not leaving me Elise," Aria's dad grumbled angrily.

"No! Stop! Let me go!" Her mother shrieked, Aria climbed out of her bed, she climbed down the stairs and gasped. Her father was smacking her mother, punching, kicking.

"Stop!" She yelled and her dad jumped away.

"Baby I-"

"No! No! No! Mommy!" She cried and when her dad came towards her, she backed up and screamed in fear.

"Don't be afraid." Her dad tried to shut her up, but Aria kept crying out, "Aria- A-Aria! God dammit! Shut up you brat!"

Slap!

Aria stood there in shock, she clenched her fists when she felt pain. Her eyes narrowed and a heat bubbled up in her heart. She glared at her father and let out a scream, it wasn't a normal scream. This was full of rage, too much rage for a child her age.

Her father stepped back, in fear. The child was on fire, her eyes blazing. Then suddenly the room burst into flames. Aria stood there, the flames circling her and leaving her unharmed.

She was too angry to see her mother burning. Aria noticed too late, so instead of trying to save a dead woman she dashed upstairs. Cara was crying in her crib, smoke floating through the floor. Aria lifted the child from her bed and carried her downstairs.

"I love you Carebear, you're safe with me." She cried and ran down the steps, trying to avoid the flames. As she made it to the door, it opened and firefighters came in. One man took a look at the two children and carried them out, Aria didn't let go of her crying sister once.

A man in a black suit came up to her, "Hi sweetie."

Aria looked at the man and clutched her sister closer.

"We're not going to hurt you or your sister, we're just going to make sure you don't get hurt again." He said and reached out, "We're giving you some medicine, can I see your arm?"

Aria hesitantly extended her arm, the man gave her a shot and smiled.

"I'll see you again sweetheart." He said and Aria watched him leave silently.