Chapter 25.

"There was never a night or a problem that could defeat the sunrise and hope."
*---------*

The curse will last until the end of time---

You are cursed----

The words kept on whirling on little Samara’s mind like a broken stereo. Ever since her parents died- killed in cold blood, her life became a living nightmare. Every moment of every day her mind kept on replaying that horrifying incident. She saw it with her own eyes, the blood had captured its traces in her innocent mind. She couldn’t get her mind off it. She was being pushed into a hole of darkness, her school life was deteriorating gradually. Her life was a wreak.

Right after her parent’s death, Sally appeared in her life. As another lurid, she couldn’t escape from. She started harassing her to an unbearable extent, she was slowly plunging into a depressing state. She was getting mentally and physically weak. It was getting harder to go on.

(Your curse will last until the time---)

She heard Sally’s voice again in her head. The close quarters of her room appeared to reach out to grab her. Scared and frustrated, she ran out of her room to the open garden. The fresh air hitting her tear-ridden face.

After their parents' death, Samara and Grace moved into a small village near a town to their grandparents' ancestral home. They couldn’t live in their house which would remind them of their parents and for Samara a recurring nightmare.

The ancestral house was huge covering an acre or two. The garden was the prime beauty that gave it the homely feeling. The house stood upright at the center with flush greenish grass surrounding them. Patching of rose plants of all kinds making it more enticing. The old rustic look did give the bungalow an ancient overlook.

The main gate across the garden was massive and rusty- the like that creaks when you open it. Eighteenth-century wall paintings, old-fashioned sofas, dining table, beds, doors, and huge mirrors with royal borders, though screamed of richness did throw in a good amount of eerie touch. But that wasn’t the end of it, there was also a well- a deep, dark one at the other corner of the garden. The lawn got its dark side around the well.

The climate at that place was always cool and misty. It kept raining no matter what the season was. The unused well filled up with dark, forbidden water. Right after they moved in, their grandfather made sure to cover the well with strong iron grills.

Samara looked around the garden and found Grace standing on the grill, staring down into the water.

"Grace! What are you doing there?” Samara shouted from her position.

"Did you anytime wonder how much deep this well might be?” Grace questioned, keeping her gaze fixed on the lapping water.

"No. It's not good to stand up there. There's no lock to that grill. Please come back!” Samara shouted.

Grace did not consider her words. She sat on her knees and opened the grill, not moving her gaze.

"Grace! Can't you hear me? Come back!"

"Did you anytime wonder what's inside this water?” Grace questioned. Samara didn’t like the monotonous tone of her voice. Her words made no sense. Something seemed extremely wrong. Before Samara could figure it out, a dark figure suddenly appeared out of thin air. It was moving towards Grace furiously.

"GRACE!” she screamed at her but Grace appeared to be in stuck in her own world. Samara had to get to Grace before the darkness could. She tried to outrun it but felt herself lose balance falling flat to the ground. The darkness had already reached Grace. It swiftly pushed Grace into the well.

"GRACE!" Samara screamed out loud making their grandparents run over to them.

She ran to the well. Grace didn’t know how to swim. She tried hard to climb but the dark depth of the bottomless pit was pulling her in. There was something in there with her. She could feel something dragging her further in. She frantically tried to grab the wall surrounding her but her hands slipped on the moss that had layered onto the sides. By the time she felt herself drown, her grandpa had jumped into the well to save her. Her grandma had called out to the neighbors for help. Very soon, she found herself slumped on grandparents shoulder as he climbed out of the well.

It was all Sally's curse.