Chapter Twenty ~ Bucky Leaves

"Right." Tony's foot hit the ground hard.

Sam and Steve spin their heads in Tony's direction. "Got anything?" Steve eyes him down.

"Yeah. I know where she is. Suit up!" Tony claps his hands together in a bossy way causing Sam to raise an eyebrow.

"Now, don't get me wrong. I know this is your tower and all but you're really not the boss. Know what I mean..?" Sam folds his arms looking a little displeased.

Tony snickers in return. "No. I don't know what you mean- and technically-"

"Okay guys, now is not the best time to argue, why don't we leave it all behind until later. Let's just, go." Steve cuts in while Tony and Sam glumly agree.

There was a red flashing alert on Tony's phone. He checked it quickly. He didn't bother reading it aloud. He just yelled- "We have to move. NOW!"

•••

Time seemed to stop still.

It was like you were the only one in the whole world.

Maybe even the universe.

You were stuck.

Mid-falling.

Bucky.

He had dropped you. He let go. He never cared about you.

Maybe he was well and truly a betrayer. A liar.

Your own brain felt like it was betraying your heart. You hated thinking this way. You hated yourself. You were glad you were falling to your death.

No.

Bucky would never. You know him. He would never betray you. Hurt you. Lie to you.

A million thoughts a millisecond.

You stared at the bright blue sky as things started to fade, and time seemed to carry on.

Suddenly, you landed in a net. A net which was attached between the two buildings and the mansion.

Just before you can do anything, someone's arms wrap around you and bring you to the ground. Your head wouldn't stop spinning. Fuzzy voices called your name from a far distance.

Two brown eyes faded into view, And things began to focus. You blinked a few times. "Tony?" Your head shoots up.

"We've got you. And just in time. Bucky warned us."

You looked puzzled. Bucky? Warn them? "What do you mean?"

"He texted us as soon as he 'turned' all winter fuzz." Tony knocked a fist against his suit and in return heard a metal echo. One that sounded just like if you tapped Bucky's arm you would hear the metal cling.

You sighed. Bucky didn't betray you. You can't believe you let that thought sink in. He was only protecting you. You leap up. "We have to run! Sandra is taking him back to Hydra, if we go now it won't be too late!" You start to run but Steve grabs your arm.

"(Y/N), He's gone."

•••

Bucky looked down. He couldn't bare to look up at his surroundings. He shuffled his feet a little on the red carpeted floor of the Hydra car.

"Boss will be very happy with you, Mr. Barnes." Sandra giggled as she sat in the passenger seat.

Bucky gritted his teeth but didn't show any signs of weakness, already he missed you. He hated the look you gave once he let you go, although he knew you were going to be fine.