The Last Light - Reasoning

THIS IS NOT PART OF THE CONTEST -- I JUST WANT TO EXPLAIN WHERE I GOT THIS IDEA FROM AND WHAT THIS REFELCTS, TO ANYONE WHO CARES.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

It took me two days to come up with this idea and, I'll admit, I was pretty satisfied with it.

Ellen is like August: both are judged by what they look like (Ellen because she isn't gray, August because of his physical disability). The "normal" people don't want to touch August and Ellen because they are afraid of what will happen to them. They are both judged because they don't look like everyone around them, but people start reaching out to them. For Ellen, it's Apollo, and for August, it's Summer (I chose Summer instead of Jack because Jack was forced to do it in the beginning). Both of them chose to go against the popular opinion to be with the "outcast," even if it meant being ridiculed themselves.

Also, I just thought of how African Amrricans were treated for several centuries in the United States of America. They were discriminated by whites because of their skin color, and had to follow the separate-but-equal law, similar to how Ellen cannot live in the center of her society. And instead of being referred to by their proper term, they were referred to as "n-ggers," like Ellen was referred to as a "Color."

So, with that said, it would this entry would be one of those that win the contest. If you enjoyed this, please go back to the first part (or stay on this one) and click that Vote button! Or, if you didn't like it, comment or pm me WITHOUT BEING RUDE and I'll see what I can do. Don't be a silent reader! :)