"Oh okay. You look nice tonight."

"Thanks." I climbed inside of his car, he got in the drivers seat and pulled off.

"I know you said something simple would be fine but I want to take you to a nice restaurant and get to know you a little better."

"I'm cool with that."

"Cool."

After that, the car went silent. I played with my phone and he focused on the road. And to make things worse he was driving an unmarked cop car.

I felt so uncomfortable.

We finally pulled up to the restaurant and I couldn't have been happier. I basically jumped out the car when valet came and opened my door.

He came and grabbed my hand and led me inside. "Rhodes, reservations for 2."

"Right this way." The host grabbed two menus and led us to a table. "Enjoy."

We sat down, the waiter came right over and took our drinks orders and brought back what we wanted.

"I'm glad we're getting to do this. I've always wanted to get to know you." He said.

"I'm glad too. I don't do this often."

"That's surprising to me, as beautiful as you are."

"Well I'm a busy girl, I can't just go on dates every weekend."

"I should feel lucky then huh?"

"When I see something I like, I make time for it."

"Mmhm. So you like me?" He bit his lip.

"Maybe."

"Oh I just get a maybe?"

"Yeah."

"Alright...so tell me more about you."

"What do you want to know?"

"Are you originally from New York? What are your parents like? Tell me something."

"I'm actually from Jamaica, I moved here when I was young. My parents they're not that interesting."

"What does that mean?"

"There isn't much to know about them."

"Or you just don't want to talk about it?"

"Bingo."

"Gotcha."

"What about you?"

"Born here, my parents are retired judges. They started off as cops and climbed up."

"Is that why you became a cop?"

"Kind of. My dad used to take me to work with him and I loved the thrill of it. The crazy thing is they didn't even want me to become a cop because of how dangerous it can get but I didn't listen."