37 - Soft Whispers, Soft Sheets

Start from the beginning

"N-No," Hermione said, flushing. When Neville turned the question on her, it did suddenly seem outrageous. Children? Sure, she was nearing twenty years old, but that was still very young to think about raising another human. Still, she and Draco would have very handsome babies... Hermione quickly shook that thought away.

"Well, I hope you're satisfied with the level of gossip and homework help you have now," Neville said, eyebrow raised. "Will you leave me alone now?"

"Ah, you wouldn't know how to function without me," Hermione teased, tucking the notes into her robes. "I'll see you later."

"Goodbye Hermione!"

Hermione walked out of the greenhouse and back down towards the Lake where the others were lying in the shade under a tree. They seemed more focused on poking twigs into Ginny's plaits than anything else, but all the same they eagerly read over the notes Neville had supplied and added them to their revision lists.

"Took you a while just to get four formulas," Dean noted.

"Firstly it's formulae, and secondly it's because I stopped to chat with Neville." Hermione said with a grin.

"What were you chatting about?" Ginny asked as she picked the sticks out of her hair.

"He's been on a date recently." Everyone looked up. "With Hannah Abbott."

"Good on Neville! Aw, they must be so sweet together," Ginny said, "I can't wait for their wedding."

"They've literally been on one date," Seamus snorted, "Don't started preparing to be godmother yet."

"Do you think he'd make me the godmother of his child?" Ginny pondered. "I'm probably too irresponsible."

"You went from "That's cute" to "They're going to get married and have children" in three sentences," Draco laughed. "I'm not saying you're obsessed, but you're obsessed."

"Come on, don't you ever plan the future in your head?" Ginny said scornfully. "I reckon I want two kids, a boy and a girl, but honestly I'll probably do a Mummy Weasley and keep going until I've got both. Merlin knows Harry won't mind."

"Do you think about this a lot?" Luna inquired.

"Mainly just when Professor Feathersworth is waffling on about something."

"So that's why you keep copying my notes!" Draco exclaimed. "You're too busy thinking about you and Potter fu--"

"Seriously, we need to keep revising," Hermione interrupted as Ginny glared at Draco. "I want to make sure I have all my notes laid out at least. So, what's the habitat of the Spitting Watercress?"

***

From that point on, very little further revision was done. They were all fed up with the work and wanted to relax, so in the end they all sat around in the sun and chatted for the rest of the afternoon. Hermione enjoyed the time with her friends, as she always did, but was still a little frustrated that she hadn't got more done. It was starting to weigh on her mind that her exams were only just over a month away, and these were very important. She would struggle to get a job she loved if her NEWTs didn't go well.

As the day drew to a close they started to disperse. Dean and Seamus went off somewhere together, and Luna took Ginny with her to collect a sketchbook. It was just Hermione and Draco again, lying together on the grass and talking quietly.

"It's so odd to think that these are our final months at Hogwarts," Draco said. "We'll be graduating in July, when our results come back. And then we'll be off getting houses, jobs, families..."