"No, you're fine El just kinda beat everyone to it" Max laughed, shaking her head

"Is that for me?" El asked with wide eyes and a grin growing on her face

"Happy Birthday!" The teens exclaimed

"Go ahead and make a wish" Mike said, placing the cake on the table in front of her

She looked at each of her friends and she honestly didn't think she could wish for anything more.

She stared at the freckles on his face and interlaced her fingers between his while he was telling her all about the beach that he couldn't wait to take her to.

She could honestly listen to Mike talk on and on and she'd never grow tired of it.

She blushed faintly as she recalled the first time Mike and her were intimate

She stared at the ceiling trying to contain herself.

It was perfect and she had felt closer to Mike than she had ever felt before.

It was almost as if any walls they had up vanished once they came together.

The way he loved her and the way he touched her, made everything just feel so right.

She rolled over gripping onto the sheet that was covering her naked body.

"Mike.."

"Hmm?"

"I wish we could stay here forever" She replied, laying her head on his bare chest

He softly laughed as he put his arm around her "I wish we could too"

If only she could use her powers to somehow channel this "forever" then forever it would be, just her and Mike and many great nights like this.

El's face lit up as she began to see a clear view of the blue ocean, It was so beautiful and grand.

The last time she saw something so beautiful and grand was Hopper and Rachel's wedding

She sat at the ceremony taking the whole atmosphere in.

Rachel looked absolutely stunning in her white dress and the look on Hopper's face was obvious that he thought so too.

After the couple had exchanged vows and said their I do's it was the first time that El had really thought about marriage.

She caught the bouquet when Rachel had tossed it but she had no idea why it was such a big deal, she really liked the flowers though.

"So looks like you and Mike are next" Max teased, prodding her

El's face twisted in confusion "Next for what?"

"Next to get married duh. It's just a thing that they do at weddings, If you catch the bouquet it's supposed to mean you're next to get married or somethin"

El blushed profusely

Hopper came and quickly snatched the bouquet from her hands "Nope! don't think so!"

The two girls laughed as they saw Hopper take off with the flowers

She had always admired Hoppers and Rachel's relationship. They worked together as a team no matter what and at the end of the day they were so happy with one another.

That was something she really looked forward to, the day she married her best friend and lived life together.

El glanced at the row behind her and giggled to herself as she saw a snoring Dustin crammed right in between Lucas and Max.

"Ugh, could he be any louder though?" Lucas groaned

"Well at least he stopped drooling" Max laughed, pointing to Lucas's shirt

He scrunched up his face "Yeah, remind me to burn this shirt later.."

El then looked across from her, noticing the small shaggy haired boy sitting on the very end

"I can't believe he's still asleep it's been two hours" Will chuckled, looking down at his watch

Mike smirked deviously "I know how to wake him up.."

"How?" they asked in unison

Mike turned around behind him "Is that the flight attendant coming with snacks?"

Dustin slowly peeled off his sleep mask "Snacks! Where?" he questioned anxiously looking around

El enjoyed seeing her friends laugh with one another.

It was a reminder that after all they had endured together it didn't break them but strengthened them in ways she never thought possible.

Each one of them had played a special role in her life and each one of them helped her out in some way along her journey.

She couldn't wait to see what the future held and where this journey would lead her, but as of now this would be the year she would always hold close to her heart.

The year she came back.

The year she reunited with old friends and also made new ones.

The year she fell in love.

And the year she overcame the horrors of her past once and for all.

This year, well it was her year.

The Year of El.
✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧