Chrysanthemum

Prequel short story part 5 :Chrysanthemum

My dear beautiful children,

Words cannot convey my sorrow. I love you with every bit of my heart I have left. You must understand that I know how selfish this decision is and I can only hope you will forgive me. When I first met your father, I had no idea the evils of this place could plague his heart so. But it has and you must realize that this house will deceive you.

I did love your father, but the way he loves is a way I could never cope with. He is was shared among 4 other women for years, and they are all dead now. The curious part is, I know he will not kill me, though I wish he would.

He killed his brothers and sisters. And his women. But not me. No, he leaves that up to me, to make it my choice.

I want to stay for you and guide you down a path that strays from your father's. But I fear that staying will only hurt you more. No one should bare to watch their mother loose her mind. I want to spare both you and I from that pain. I know it's difficult and I know you don't understand, and you may never forgive me.

But if you can, please, be king or queen, either of you.

Do that for me. And be beautiful.

Your loving mother,
Chrysanthemum

P.s. Abstract, protect your sister from the evil of
men.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dear mother,

It wasn't until years later that finally forgave you. And I know it was wrong of me to blame you for leaving us. Because it would have been even more painful seeing you hurt, this is true. And I didn't want you around to watch me grow up and be a failure. Because I failed. I couldn't protect my sister and she became something vile. I reminded her: "what would mom say?" She ignored me, saying, "Mom is dead. If she wanted to say anything, she'd be here to say it."

I wish I could say I disagreed with her. But I couldn't because I was angry too.

But I'm not anymore. And I wanted you to know
that. I forgive you. Please Rest In Peace mother and know that I love you. And I forgive your decisions.

Your loving son,
Abstract Art.

P.s. I'm married to the most amazing woman ever. And we have three beautiful children. And I tell them all about you.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dear mother,

I lost myself when I lost you. And I focused so much
on becoming queen that I forgot you also wanted me to be beautiful. But I'd become ugly. And I destroyed my life even worse than you did yours. That's not fair, sorry.

I was so full of hate. I hated my dad. I hated you, while also wanting to make you proud and live up to your requests. I hated my brother for being so positive about it even though I knew he was thinking the same awful things I was saying. I hated everything. And I hated myself.

Now look where I am. I'm in a clinic, wallowing in the hole I've dug for myself. And here comes Colin to be the only thing about the world I don't hate no matter how hard I try. I just hope he can forgive me. And I hope you can too.

Your daughter,
Anemia.