The first thing that came to my mind was, are all rich men this amazingly good looking? I blinked once and blushed, embarrassed of my thoughts. The man stood still with both hands deep down into his black slacks and a breath taking smile that showed both rows of his pearly white teeth.

          I nibbled on my bottom lip and smiled lightly, “I’d rather stay over here and enjoy the champagne.” I told him, as I turned to watch Sawyer move his down from her upper back to lower back in a sensual way.

            The man walked up behind me and gently laughed, “Now, now. That’s not the Camilla Beaumont I know.”

            My eyes immediately widened and a nervous feeling began brewing in the pit of my stomach. Of course, I would know him. Or would be expected to know who he was. Either way, I looked straight up into his eyes and gave him my best smile. “It’s our first date. I’m sure both of us have room for improvement on our dating skills.” I replied, as I reached for another glass of champagne when the waiter walked by.

            The man laughed out and grabbed a glass as well, “Since when did you become so…Modest?” He asked, as he shook his head in disbelief. “The Camilla Beaumont I know would have marched right up to that woman and showed her whose boss around these parts.”

            Of course she would, I thought as I gulped the champagne down in one go. I scoffed, “Around these parts? This is The Alluvian Hotel, meaning its all Sawyers territory.”

            He glanced down at me and held eye contact as well, “Soon to be yours as well.”

            My head immediately cocked to the side and for a moment I was confused, the deal between the Davenport and Beaumont families wasn’t supposed to go public until after summer. “Now, how would you know such a thing?” I asked, trying to make myself sound confident.

            The man also cocked his head to the side and looked down at me with an unsure look. “Cami, I know it’s been a while since we last saw each other…” He started, as he turned towards me with a smirk on his face. “But that’s no reason for you to forget the lawyer that got you out of all those DUI tickets last year and the year before. It’s me, Harrison McIntire, your father’s family and business lawyer?”

            My face and heart immediately dropped and I knew at that moment I had made a big mistake. However, I tried my best to recover and act as if it were a tiny mistake. “Harrison! Oh, of course! You have changed so much.” I said, panicking.

            Harrison laughed dryly and slightly shook his head, “Not really.”

            Of course, I wouldn’t be able to play that card.  My cheeks heated quickly and I laughed nonchalantly, I knew I needed to change the subject but before I could think of anything to say, Harrison spoke again. “I guess it has been a while, huh? I almost didn’t recognize you either.” He laughed, lightly. “…You never were the type to sit in a corner all by yourself.”

            I nodded in agreement and then decided to change the subject before I would embarrass myself even more in front of the devastatingly handsome man in front of me. “Well, what are you doing here?” I asked, as I skimmed the crowd to see Sawyer and Addison sharing a dance. He didn’t ask me to dance. It was probably a good thing though; I didn’t know how to dance to save my life.

            Harrison pulled out one of the chairs and gestured me to sit and then sat down himself, “You know your father; he’s always asking me for something.” He murmured, as he relaxed in the chair. “I was told to look after you, and make sure you were doing everything you were told while he is away. I was supposed to lay low, but I couldn’t resist coming to keep such a beautiful, lonely lady some company.” He said, in a low, husky voice.