A Fool's Game: Chapter Two

A Fool’s Game

Chapter Two

Savannah

            As I walked out of Camilla’s bathroom with her purple Christian Dior dress in hand, I still felt completely confused as of what just happened. Part of me still feels like it’s just some big joke on me. I stood there for a moment and watched as she pulled out all kinds of designer clothes from the shopping bags that had been brought up by the butler. Almost immediately, I walked over beside her. “I’ll hang them up, and put them in the closet for you.”

            Camilla threw her head back in laughter, “Don't be silly, one of the maids will do it. You don't work for my father anymore, you work for me now.” A mischievous grin took over her face as she looked at me. 

            Silently, I nodded and backed away. I could already tell that this was going to be extremely weird. I had done nothing but work since I had gotten out of high school and now, my work consist of dressing up as Camilla Beaumont and acting like her until she gets home from Paris. Am I really going to be able to do this? I knew nothing about acting rich and spoiled. Hell, I knew nothing about designer clothing. The only expensive clothing I owned was a pair of Citizens of Humanity blue jeans that Molly had passed down to me because she could no longer fit into them. Other than that, all of my cloth was bought from normal places that were affordable like American Eagle or Charlotte Russe.  They were both fashionable places and at the same time, they were trendy and affordable.

            “You may excuse yourself now; it’s time for my afternoon nap.” She said, while yawning. “Make sure you are here tomorrow at noon.”

            I cleared my throat nervously and nodded, “What are we doing tomorrow at noon?” I asked, hesitantly.

            Camilla immediately rolled her eyes, “You don't really think I am going to let you go on my first date with Sawyer Davenport looking like that, do you? I mean, come on! He isn’t going to be hard to impress but I still don't want to look bad. We will shop tomorrow and make you over a good bit.”

            Again, I only nodded and began walking to the door. I still wasn’t sure how I was going to do this. I mean, how am I supposed to act around this Sawyer guy? What if he was extremely weird and too smart to even comprehend? What if he is an arrogant ass whole? Oh my God, what if he wants to have sex?  My heart pounded against my chest as I turned back and watched Camilla for a moment, she was beautiful and had tons of sex appeal. Plus, she wasn’t a virgin. Anyone could look at her and tell. How in the world am I going to pull that one off? I couldn’t just come out and tell him I was a virgin. That was totally out of the question, what if he had heard about her from somewhere. The best possible solution I had come up with was to just turn her offer down all together but…I really needed what she was offering. She was going to pay my tuition off, plus all of my previous loans. There was no possible way I could do it myself, obviously because I had three jobs. It wasn’t something I wanted to do, but I felt like I had too because if I didn’t I would be so much in debt once I get out of school and I didn’t want that.

            When I finally made it out of her room, I walked down the long corridor and to the maid’s quarters where I could see Molly talking to a couple more of the maids. They were all giggling while Molly talked, but when she saw me she immediately brushed them off, “Oh my God! What in the hell just happened? Did you get fired?” All of the questions came out at once, and I almost couldn’t think.