"Alright, but it's a long and crazy story."

She lifted her wrist and pretended to check the time. "Oh look, I have three hours." She said before leaning on her elbows and inching closer to me.

"I can't believe I'm saying this." I said mostly to myself. "Alright, so I thought I was slowly falling for my roommate but I shouldn't because she's a bad person." I blurted, deciding that a shorter, condensed version of the story is easier to say.

"Hold on, she?" Daisy seemed shocked.

I frowned. "Yeah... She..."

Daisy shook her head. "Sorry, I just wasn't expecting that because I thought a man did that-" she gestured to her neck and I instinctively covered it with my hand.

"Well, he did, but I'm not up to that part yet." I said and Daisy made an 'oh' sound.

"I used to be with a girl. Seven years until she decided that going on tour was more important than me. Funny thing is that no one knows her name still." She sighed. Okay, she she's not a homophobic person. "Then I met Chad and well, you know-"

"Do you still like girls?" I asked curiously, not because I was hitting on her or anything but because I wanted to know if she could suddenly fall in love with the opposite sex.

"I think so, but I also love Chad. He was the first boy I had ever been with." She smiled at a memory. "So anyway, back to when you said she was a 'bad person', what do you mean exactly?"

I ended up opening up to Daisy a lot more than I anticipated, telling her every detail of my life from my parents through to what happened a few hours ago that lead me here, in an airport a complete mess. She nodded in understanding as I spoke, which made me know that she was not judging me. In fact, she seemed completely devoured by my life story, listening with anticipation especially when I mentioned Ethan and the incident on the JetSki. I even ended up eating not one cheeseburger, but two.

I realized how crazy my life has become, and talking about it in detail made it sound like a movie plot.

"What would you do if you were me?" I asked after finishing off my story.

"Okay, this is what I would do and it doesn't necessarily mean you should do it but... You should do it." She chuckled. "I'd go back. I mean you and Gemma are still best friends, nothing has really happened to that, so don't let one person make you never see your best friend ever again. How many more times would you be able to visit LA? It would cost a fortune and you would probably have to plan it so that you see her every six months or something. Not to mention you won't have a job if you go back to New York."

I sighed. She was right. I quit my job in retail and there was no way they would let me back, especially since my boss was not happy when I told him. And Gemma. My best friend. Why should I sabotage my relationship with her all because of a girl who does not even like me that much? Ever since we were little girls our dream was to live together, and now that we could, why would we ruin it so easily?

"I can tell by your face you know I'm right." Daisy said and I snapped out of my thoughts.

I was about to speak before an announcement boomed from the speakers, indicating that the next flight to California was ready. I felt disappointment wash over me. What if I never saw Daisy again? Talking to her, I felt like I had known her for years.

Daisy looked disappointed as well. She slowly stood up, the legs of her chair scraping across the floor. "Okay, well I better get going."

I stood up too, reaching for my phone. "Wait, you can't just leave without giving me your number. Especially not after everything I told you." I nervously chuckled. I unlocked my phone and nudged it towards her.

She grinned and took it. "Honestly, I was going to say that but was worried you would of thought I was weird." She laughed as she typed in her number.

As she handed it back to me, she leaned over the table and hugged me. I hugged back, closing my eyes and letting the comforting feeling soak in.

"Take care of yourself, okay?" She told me. I nodded.

Over her shoulder, I saw someone leaning against the wall, watching me and to be honest, I nearly crapped my pants.

I broke the hug earlier than I wanted it to end and hastily told her goodbye. She seemed to not notice my hurry and chirped goodbye back to me while gathering her things.

I tried to get lost in the crowd, earning strange looks from people I accidentally bumped into. I kept looking behind me to see if she was there. She was gone.

When I bumped into a figure while not watching where I was going, I began to apologize profusely until I saw who it was and my heart sank.

"You need to calm down." Ruby said, reaching for my wrist. I tugged it away and stepped back.

"You need to leave me alone." I retorted. Seeing her made me feel light headed. "I'm leaving, so don't bother stopping me."

"Oh my God, Ellis, you're such a pain in the ass!" She complained, throwing her head back and groaning.

"Are you kidding me? After everything you've done, why the fuck would I want to stay?!" I yelled, earning stares from people passing by. "How could you do that to Rylan? You could have killed him-"

She stepped towards me. "He could have killed you!" She screamed, her hands hovering over the sides of my face as if she could grab and shake me in frustration.

"Trust me when I say this-" she spoke softly now, her hands collapsing on my shoulders and I flinched. "It is never a one-time thing."

My breath became shaky and my eyes glazed over. "It was an accident." I hiccuped, earning a sigh from Ruby as she realized that it still would not go through my head.

"Ellis, please, you need to listen." She leaned her face towards me, her green eyes staring into my soul. "I know how it works. My dad-" her voice broke, which caught me by surprise.

She took a deep breath in and closed her eyes. "My dad killed my mum because she wouldn't leave him. It only took a second round of abuse for her to knock her head against the table and die. The second time." Tears were streaming down my face just as Ruby's eyes teared up. "She had told me that she would leave him if he ever did it again. He did it again, and that was the end of it."

My chest was heavy with sadness for Ruby and disappointment in myself. It all made sense. She could not hurt just anyone, she could only hurt those who hurt others. She had a heart of love after all.

"I'm so sorry." I cried. Her tears had faded away but she still showed remorse. I let her envelope me in her arms. I felt a sense of safety in her arms, the tattoo of the green character Gumby staring right at me, causing me to smile.

Ruby's lips pressed against the top of my head. I heard her say, "your home is here."