Chapter 3 (Revised)

Nicole's POV

My brother introduced me to his friend Michael a few days ago. He seems like a really nice guy, very genuine. I'm sure something can come from our almost friendship.

As I'm walking towards the cafeteria to meet Michael and Alejandro, I see a girl in a yellow and white tie dye shirt, black ripped jeans, and white converse. Her hair a pretty light brown in beach waves. The way she walks is almost like she's constantly gliding.

She's looking down at her phone, not seeing the girl in front of her. They're about to collide, I know if I say something they won't hear me. I'm too far away.

Bam! Smacks right into the other girl, scattering the other girl's papers all over the floor. The brown haired girl starts apologizing, picking up the papers. Till she looks up smiling at the girl. I feel a pang of an emotion I'm not familiar with, where did that come from?

The two girls walk in unison to the cafeteria together, I get giddy realizing I get to see the girl in the tie dye shirt again.

I walk in to the cafeteria scanning the cafeteria for Alejandro, I spot him. Michael sitting next to him and then I lay my eyes on the girl with her legs crossed one over the other in a very relaxed way, elbow on her knee, her head resting in her hands whispering something to Michael. 

My eyes latch on to her perfectly tanned face and I'm in awe. She has these perfect blue eyes with splatters of green and gold in them, her lips are a cute pale pink, her cheeks are a rosey pink. Just when I thought she couldn't get anymore beautiful she smiles a near perfect smile.

I get jealous and confused at the same time not realizing if I'm upset she's talking to Michael or if that all his attention is on her. I continue walking and sit next to my brother.

It's awkward..I hear her clear her throat. Piping up in the most beautiful, melodic voice I've ever heard. "Nice to meet you." I realized she was waiting for my reply so I gave a small wave and reply simple with "Sorry. I'm Nicole." Hoping it was the right thing to say, I must've guessed right. She nodded simply turning her attention away from me and pointing it towards Michael when he began talking to my brother.

"Alejandro, let's go get some food. You want anything Sades?" She takes the question very seriously and begins thinking, her brow furrows then something lit up in her eyes, and in unison her and Michael said "Chicken nuggets!" Michael laughed and replied while shaking his head walking towards the lunch line. "I know, I know. Why do I bother asking?" 

I glance over at Sadie and the girl she ran into in the hall, the girl smiles and introduces herself as Lindsay. I smile and look over at Sadie again.

She pulls a smile on her face and she asks me about myself, clearly trying to make conversation.

I realized she was no longer paying attention to me but paying attention to something behind me, I turn and see Michael walking back. 

Feeling jealous once again I decide to ask if she and him were an item. But I didn't sound so confident when it came out.

"So..uh..are you and uh.." I guess she knew what I was going to ask, she chuckled lightly and shook her had.

I was quiet pleased with myself finding out she wasn't dating Michael, but disappointed that I didn't know if she had a boyfriend.

The guys came back and Michael handed Sadie a carton full of chicken nuggets with ranch dressing on top and a Sprite, she looked extremely happy and giddy that she quickly thanked him and opened the carton and her ranch.

Later at the end of the day I was outside talking to my friends when I caught a glimpse of Sadie. She didn't realize I could see her, standing alone waiting for someone. The ambience when she was near was so relaxed, and calm.

They began talking and Sadie said something and Micheal replied with a laugh and a nudge on the shoulder, they left the school together.