10|I'm Dating Ricky

"You're absolutely Insane!" Ava yells at her twin brother as we come in through the door of mine and Eden's house.

Knox looks at me with a glare.

"You called my sister?!" He exclaims.

"We're both your family Knox, she needs to know the whole story. We need to know. You don't drink after what happened to-"

"Mom, yeah, I got it! Well fucking guess what?! I had two beers and a shot! Is that so harmful?!" He snaps at me and I back away from him.

"Knox! Will you shut the fuck up?! What is going on with you?! You're like a different person now that you're out of the Navy! You're all stiff and asshole like! You never want to catch up! You're always distant!" Ava exclaims in the nicest way possible, but I knew she wanted to say much more.

"You don't understand and you never will," He growls, green eyes darkening to almost a black color in his anger.

"We can't understand until you tell us. Make us understand!" Ava pleaded.

"Will you stop saying we?!" He screams in frustration, gripping at his blonde locks.

God, I really wish Ricky hadn't been called into work so late.

"Skylar is not my sister! Nor will she ever be! She's our dead beat father and his little slut's daughter! She is only half my blood. Nothing more than someone with my shithead of a father's blood! She's nothing but a problem! She's always in the way! She always ran around with your ex boyfriends and now she's fucking the man who broke your heart! How can you say 'we' when the bitch is always in the goddamn way?!" Knox yells and tears weld in my eyes.

"Knox!" Ava exclaims in bafflement, with disappointment glistening in her eyes.

"Ask her! She's a slut! Just like her mom!" He snaps and I finally lose control.

Without thought I drew my hand back and slapped him across the face, earning a loud crack in response, making an echo go through the house, silencing everyone in it.

Tears are now streaming down my face as I look into his shocked eyes as he holds his cheek.

Flicking out my hand, I sniffle and try not to yelp at the pain in my burning hand.

"Skylar-" He starts, voice filled with regret and eyes pleading.

I shake my head as I turn to Ava and look her in the eyes.

"He's right about one thing," I whisper and she looks at me. Waiting. "I'm dating Ricky."

Ava's eyes widen in shock.

"W-what?!" She exclaims.

I look to the floor.

"I'm sorry, I know you must hate me-"
"Will you shut up for once, Skylar Grey?" Ava says in exasperation and I look back up to her.

"I don't hate you! You're my sister whether or not my brother feels the same. You are the most amazing girl I have ever met and I understand that you're just trying to find love and I believe that Ricky can give you what you're looking for. He's a good man, but we all make mistakes. Its what makes us human and its what breaks some of us apart at times. Ricky and I may not have worked out like we wanted in the past, but that's because me and him..we weren't meant to be. He's only ever been like a brother, but he was the first person I loved and I don't regret it because without him, I would have never opened up and let Orlando in. Orlando is the one I love, I could care less about the fact you're with him. Kinda bummed you didn't tell me? Yeah. Duh. But I give full permission. I love you two and I promise if he gives you trouble I'll sock him." She finally finishes her rant and I smile as she takes me into her arms.

"I love you," I say and she squeezes me tighter in response before letting me go and turning her blazing eyes to Knox.

"You done, jackass? Or do I need to smack you harder than Sky did? You had no right to speak to her like that! She has done nothing to you! She's always at your beck and call when you need her, like tonight. The fact that you are so much of a coward that you have to snap at one of the people that care for you most, is absolutely unnecessary and I think I speak for our dead mother when I say I am so fucking disappointed in you. I hope you are ashamed of yourself. You are acting unprofessionally for an ex Navy soldier and in-the-now CEO." She snaps and he looks down at his feet before looking back up and at me.

"Skylar, I'm sorry. Really." He says and I swallow, looking away.

"I think I'm just going to sleep on this tonight. I don't mind if you want to stay here tonight, but I think you're better off with your sister." I say and he takes a step towards me.

"You have to understand, Sky. I'm not in the right mind-" He starts in a pleading voice.

I give a soft, sad smile.

"A drunk mind speaks a sober heart." I say and he frowns.

"You don't honestly believe in that stuff-" I cut him off with a wave of my hand.

"Knox, let's go." Ava glares at him before giving me a soft smile.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" She asks and I shrug.

"Maybe. I don't know if I'm coming to the banquet or not." I say.

Especially not after this, I wanted to add.

Ava frowns.

"Well, I hope you do. We all do." She says before hugging me.

"We'll see." I sigh and Ava pulls away from me before glaring at the man far taller than she is.

"Maxwell, let's go!" She snaps but he doesn't move and continues looking at me in a pleading way.

"You stupid fucker!" Ava grunts before reaching up and taking a hold of Knox's ear.

"Ow! Shit, woman!" He yelps as she pulls him down and towards the door.

"I'll see you later! Love you!" She calls over her shoulder before shitting the door behind herself and the giant.

"Sky," A small voice says and I turn around to see Eden standing in the threshold of our living room.

"Hey, you okay?" I ask.

"Knox didn't mean what he said-" She starts but I'm already shaking my head.

"It's okay, E. I promise." I say and she frowns, but nods.

"Can you maybe, um, take my sheets to the laundry room. I threw up on them." She says sheepishly and I laugh.

"Yeah. I'm coming." I respond and she smiles in response.

"Ricky's lucky to have you." She says and I give her a small smile.

"I think its the other way around."

_______________1,179 words_____________

Hey! So this was a bit longer, finally!

Knox was kinda harsh, don't ya Think?

Any who....

Vote, comment, all that jazz....

XOXO, CMS