Zreshlie - Worth The Wait

Requested by - @CHOREADS
Leave your requests in the comment section! Don't be shy!
Also italics and bold are flash back thoughts.
* * * * *
Ashlie's POV

I walked the halls of school.

Ashlie : Mommy, what's a soul mate?
Mom : A soul mate is your other half sweetie.
Ashlie : What does that mean?

Give up on it Ashlie...

Mom : That means, someone who will love you no matter what. Always by your side when something happens. They'll always protect you if you need it, always support you when you need it most, someone who is meant just for you...
Ashlie : Do I have a soul mate?
Mom : Of course, you just have to wait to meet them.

I would tell myself to just keep waiting, but I've given up at this point, call me a drama queen but I don't care. Words have no affect on me. I bumped into someone. We both stopped, he had glasses, dark black hair, brown eyes, he was tall too.

Ashlie : Sorry...
??? : It's fine.

He said continuing to walk. I left too. Once the bell rang I headed to class. I noticed the same boy from earlier heading to the same class. I entered the class sitting in the back walking past the boy who was talking to three other boys and a girl. Probably his friends. I took out my sketch pad and began to draw. He came over with his friends sitting next to me.

??? : Hey.

I look up from sketching.

Ashlie : Yeah?
??? : What's your name? I ran into you earlier and I never got you name.
Ashlie : I'm Ashlie, and you?
??? : I'm Nick. And these are my friends Cory, Shelby, UNi and Tommy.

They all said hi. We began to talk. I said a few words every now and then. While Cory and Shelby drifted into their own conversation and then Tommy and UNi in their own me and Nick started talking. We have a lot in common. Nick is a really nice person, he's funny, and he's cute.

Months have passed, me and Nick...we've started dating. He's told me he loves me, and he's always there for me when I need it. My mothers words slowly came back to mind.

Mom : That means, someone who will love you no matter what. Always by your side when something happens...someone who is meant just for you...

I do have a soul mate...my soul mate is Nick. I had to wait sixteen years to meet him but hey...

It was worth the wait...

Word Count : 422