First Girl Crush

Mae Borowski has known Beatrice Santello for the longest time.  Beatrice meant a lot to Mae.  She was her best friend, her shoulder to cry on, her role model.  Her everything.
    A few years back, Mae was in a relationship with a guy named Cole.  He was, well, a complete douchebag.  He was controlling, selfish, greedy, and took any chance he could to let Mae down.  He only did this to make himself feel better about his insecurities, but Mae was madly in love with him regardless.
     One day, Mae stood up for herself and dumped him.  Yes, dumped him.  She discarded him like moldy cheese.  Bye-bye Cole!
     Beatrice was astounded to hear this news.  She would do anything in her power to steer Mae away from her abusive relationship with Cole.

-A few months later-

     Mae is in her bedroom on her laptop exploring, uh... "Embarrassing sites."  After a good 15 minutes, a message from Beatrice pops up on her laptop.

- BEA: "Hey Mae."-

   She didn't know why, but every time she saw Beatrice's name pop up at the top of her message screen, she felt these butterflies in her stomach.

She replies,
- MAE: "Hey Bea.
So, umm...  Before I get nervous, do I have caterpillars in my stomach?"-

Bea(trice) responds with her typical sarcasm,
- BEA: "Ha ha, Mae.  What's been upsetting you?"-
- MAE:  "i dunno, croc"
- BEA: "Ugh.  Like, do NOT ever call me that again."
- MAE: "Sorry, Bea."

There's slight hesitation in her response.

- BEA: "Mae.  Weird question."
- MAE: "Yeah, whatsup?"
- BEA: "Have you ever dated a girl before."
     Mae reads the message.  Her face reddens like a child's cartoon character.
- MAE: "Well, no.  But like gender doesn't really concern me.  I look in their soul. Ha ha. 
.... I'm joking.  I'm not a psychic or something.
- BEA: "You're a very interesting person Mae Borowski.  Goodnight."
- MAE: "Haha- uh yeah! Night!!!!!!"
- BEA: "Wait, uh, if you want you can stop by the Ol Pickaxe tomorrow.  I mean, I think it's time I confess something.  But if you're busy then, whatever."

     Mae reads over that last message five times before responding.  She thinks to herself "Wait- no! I-I don't like Bea! Do I? Well she's kinda pretty... No! Bea's my friend and nothing more!!!"
     She finally has the guts to get back on the laptop and continue.

- MAE: "Ha ha ok.  Seeya then."

~  To be continued  ~