Chapter 42: Mala and the Defenders of the Wing

"Well, I do smell like Nightwing, so he might think I'm her." I say, smiling.
She agrees and grabs the Fury from me and lays him in his bed. I understand they need their rest so I leave the hut while Astrid stays.
I walk back to my hut, and see a terrible terror there. He sees me, and flies over to me. He had a note attached to him, so I open it and read it.

Dear Chief of Dragon's Edge,
It's Mala from the Defenders of the Wing. We need your help, along with the other dragon riders in your village. Please, it's urgent.

~Mala

"Everyone, mount up! Mala from the Defenders of the Wing needs help!" I say, and everyone mounts their dragons. I run to my hut and say goodbye to Nightwing, leaving a full bowl of salmon in front of her.
"There's more Salmon in the basket over there, but eat it sparingly, as I don't know when I'm coming home. Stay safe, and yell if you need me." I say, and hug her before leaving.
Stay safe, (y/n).
I nod.
I will.

I left the hut, locked it, and was stopped by my mother when I went to transform.
"Let me come with you. I know Mala, and I could help." She said.
I nodded, and she transformed, then motioned for me to hop on.
I did, and we took off with the rest of them. We went towards their island, and my mother led the way, as none of us knew where it was.
It was so foggy below us. We couldn't see anything the whole way we were going to their island. Let's hope it dies down before we reach their island.
We got there in one or two hours. When we got there and landed in what looked to be the main village, I saw what appeared to be a giant boulder class dragon, perched on top of a pedestal. I looked around for anyone, and I saw someone at a cliff, looking at the water.
"Q-Queen Mala?" I ask, as I cautiously walk over to her.
"Mm? Ah! Hello, thank you so much for coming. But tell me, how did you know I was the Queen?" She asks, and I told her that my mother told me on our way here.
"Interesting! Where is your mother? It's been ages since I've seen her."
I nodded, and called for her. She transformed into a human again as she walks over.
"Y-you're a dragon?!" She exclaims.
My mother nods. "I am; and my daughter is as well. Some might call her the--"
I shut her mouth before she mentions what I supposedly am. I don't want that kind of news going around the archipelago.
She realizes and drops what she was about to say.
"So, what's the problem?" My mother asks.
"Our Great Protector has been stolen from its beloved home. We cannot get it back, as we do not have dragons. So we come in need of your aid." She says, looking at us.
I nod, and ask who took it.
"Someone named Viggo Grimborn, and his brother,
Ryker. They snuck into this camp overnight and stole him. Luckily, one of our guards saw him." She says, looking down.
"Any idea on where they headed?" I ask.
She nods. "South from here. I shall go with you, Chief.." she says, asking for my name.
"(Y/n). Chief (y/n) of Dragon's Edge." I say as I shake her hand.
"Queen Mala of the Defenders of the Wing." She says.
When we properly introduced ourselves, she asked who she will be riding on. I looked to my mom.
"You can ride on me if you'd like, behind (y/n)." She suggests.
Mala nods. "Alright, let's go save our Eruptodon."
I nod and get on my mother when she transforms into a night Fury. Mala gets on behind me, and we all set south.
"They shouldn't be too far ahead. They only left an hour ago." Mala says as she holds onto my shoulders.
"Was there one ship or multiple?" I ask, looking back at her.
"I believe 2 or 3. Throk said he saw more than one, but any more than 5." She explains.
I think about it a little.
'Why Would Viggo steal their Eruptodon? They only... oh.. OH NO!'
"Hey isn't Dragon's Edge this way?" Snotlout asks.
"I realized why Viggo took their Eruptodon. Eruptodons mainly go after Dormant volcanoes. The volcano at the edge is a dormant volcano. Viggo's going to destroy our home." I say, and fly faster, as everyone else does as well.
When we got to the edge, it's too late. Viggo's ships surrounded the edge. Catapults, dragon hunters, spears. Everything.
We tried to get close to the edge and the boats but to no avail. I couldn't risk my mother getting shot with one of those spears. I have her land on a sea stack and tell her I'm going solo.
Are you crazy?! What if you get hurt?
"Mom, I'll be fine. I promise." I say, and transform into my alpha night Fury form.
Mala looks almost as shocked as my mother.
"Y-you're the alpha of the dragons.." Mala says.
I nod, and tell my mom to tell Mala the plan to get rid of the hunter on Astrid's catapult on her base.
She does so, and I take off, towards the spears.

I heard Viggo say something. Something about the alpha committing suicide? Ha, I don't think so.
I fly forward as fast as I can. The hunter getting more and more scared as I come closer.
He shoots the arrow as I'm a few feet from it, and I saw something black push me out of the way.
I shake my head and look at what pushed me.
..Nightwing? Nightwing!
Nightwing! What're you doing here? You should be resting! I say after I slap the hunter off of the catapult base using my tail.
I heard the commotion and saw you about to fly straight into a spear. I didn't want you to die, so I flew out of the hut and raced over to you. Granted it hurts to fly right now since it's only about 75% healed, but I'll be fine. You go help Hiccup. He's getting shot at from all directions.
I nod and bring Nightwing back to my hut before heading off to help Hiccup. I saw a dragon arrow hit his good leg, and a chain about to take hold of Toothless. I change into a Nightwing and spew acid at the chain, breaking it in two and nodding at Hiccup before blasting the other dragon proof chains. I changed into a hybrid and flew to Hiccup.
"You okay?" I ask, pointing to his leg.
He nods and pulls it out. Red stains his armor and his his clothing. I tell him to go onto a seastack. He agrees and follows me to where my mom and Mala were.
I turn into a Prickleboggle and fire at his wound. It quickly heals, and when it does heal, almost completely, we take off again, going to blast the hunter ships.
We take them all out finally, and I tell Hiccup, my mom and Fishlegs to come with me to the volcano.
We rush to the volcano, where the Eruptodon is frantically eating away at the base of the volcano, causing the top to get ready to erupt.
"It's in a feeding frenzy; it won't stop eating until it erupts!" Mala exclaims worriedly.
I think for a moment. Then I had an idea.
"That's it! Meatlug!" I yell, and Fishlegs slaps his hand on his head.
"Of course! Spew that lava, girl, spew!" Fishlegs and Meatlug goes to spew lava, but realizes she used all of her lava in the battle.
Then, Meatlug roared, calling for the other Gronckles on the island. They all came one by one, and spewed a giant lava pool in a hole that they dug quickly. The Eruptodon turned around and ate/drank the lava in the pool.
"Thank you for saving our beloved Eruptodon. Without you our village would be destroyed." Throk says, shaking my hand.
I smile and nod, shaking his hand back respectively.
"Should you ever need us again, terror mail Dragon's Edge. We'd be more than happy to help." I say, and wave goodbye as we all take off back home.

We get home, and it was pretty late, so we all went to our huts. I did my usual check on all of the locks, even the cells and the stables. Once I made sure they were all locked, I went to my own hut and went to bed.
Tomorrow will be a long day.. I can feel it.