Twenty-two

Brian was driving and Jae was in the passenger seat. None of them had said anything since they set out. Jae cleared his throat and looked out the window. He put the glass down and put his hand out. Then he closed it. He put down the top mirror and then pushed it back up.

"Hyung stop touching."

"Finally you spoke. You're so weird Brian but that's why I love you." The older one spoke staring at him. He smiled with both his lips and his eyes. "I mean you were all mad yesterday and now you're being caring and sweet."

Brian focused his eyes on the road to avoid looking at Jae. He wanted to fake being mad.

"You're not gonna answer me?" Jae asked poking him. "You can't ignore me forever. We're a couple, remember? Jaehyungparkian. Your favorite name."

Brian burst out laughing. "Whoever came up with that name tho?"

"Right." Jae said and laughed as well. "So do you forgive me?"

"Don't ask that. You'll just make things awkward."

"Are you blushing for me?" Jae teased.

"Of course." Brian replied playing along.

"Oppa I like you." Jae said trying to imitate Nayeon's voice. It was almost becoming their thing to make fun of her.

"Okay now that's just extra." Brian's countenance changed as if he never laughed.

"I did it to help you."

"You keep saying that, but you basically just used Nayeon. And I don't know how that helped me in any way."

"Oof."

"You didn't think of her feelings? That was wrong of you. No matter how you try to justify it."

"I'm sorry."

"You should apologize to her, not me."

"I think it'd be better if we all ignore what happened."

"You're just running away from the problem you caused."

"I'm not."

"Coward."

"You wanna go out with me?" Jae asked out of the blue and both boys laughed.

Then Brian stepped on it.

"Dude that's way too fast." Jae said holding unto his seat belt.

"We have to get there early." He responded with his full attention still on the road. "Oh right call Daniel hyung please, and put it on speaker."

After ringing twice, Daniel picked up the phone.

Daniel: hello?

Jae: hello?

Daniel: heyyyy. Bro it's too early to call. What's going on?

Jae: I think Brian has something to say.

Brian: Hyung. It's me, young k.

Daniel: oh hi.

Brian: um are you available this morning ?

Daniel: yea ..why?

Brian: jae's ear bled.

Daniel: it bled?

Jae: it wasn't that serious he's overreacting.

Daniel: I don't think so Jae. Is it the first time?

Brian: he said it happened before.

Daniel: How long are you guys gonna take to get here?

Brian: about an hour and a half to go.

Daniel: okay, I'll wait outside for you guys once I see that you'll be arriving soon. Did you guys eat?