Chapter 1-ShadowClan

"Jazzpaw! Jazzpaw wake up!" Jazzpaw opened her eyes and stared at the cat who had startled her from her sleep. It was Starpaw, the tiny purple kitten. She had become an apprentice yesterday, and had already proved herself to be a nuisance. "Do you want to go on a patrol with me?" she asked. Jazzpaw nodded, and, careful not to disturb the other apprentices picked her way out of the den. Starpaw was already racing toward the thorn tunnel, squealing gleefully.

All of a sudden, Cloudtail, Daisy, and Spiderleg raced into camp. "ShadowClan is attacking!" Daisy cried. ThunderClan warriors raced from their dens, fur fluffed up and ears twitching.

"Where are they?" Firestar yelled to Cloudtail.

"Right here!" said a cat coming through the tunnel. His amber eyes blazed with hatred, pale fur contrasting dark paws.

"Blackstar!" Birchfall yelled. A dark ginger she-cat stepped out from behind him, hackles raised and teeth bared.

"I have come back to claim what is rightfully mine!" Blackstar yowled "Give me Dawnsparkle!" Jazzpaw gasped. Dawnsparkle was Starpaw's mother, formerly of ShadowClan, and Blackstar's previous mate.

"Never!" Jayfeather yowled. Jayfeather was Dawnsparkle's current mate.

"Then I'll have to force you to give me her!" answered Blackstar. He leapt at Jayfeather.

"No!" Lionblaze yowled, leaping at Blackstar and bowling him over.

And at that the battle was let loose. Jazzpaw leapt out of the way of a black cat as he leapt past her and landed on Brakenfur. I don't have any battle training! she realised, I'll be crushed! Then she heard Foxleap yowling across the clearing as a brown tabby bit down on his tail.

"Jazzpaw! Take Starpaw, Redpaw, Lakepaw, and Flamepaw to Firestar's den! You'll be safe there!" her mentors voice rang in her ears as he screeched in pain and tackled the tabby into a bush. Jazzpaw wasted no time. She saw Lakepaw and Redpaw, huddled toghether as two much larger apprentices swiped at them, driving the them back into the stone wall.

"Guys!" Jazzpaw called, "We need to get to Firestar's den!" But the two young she-cats could not get past. The ShadowClan apprentices blocked their path.

A screech sounded from above. Flamepaw and Starpaw leapt off a fallen tree onto the two ShadowClan cats. They yowled in surprise and shock as the two landed on their back, knocking them down.

"Leave them alone!" Starpaw yelled, raking her tiny claws down the tortoiseshell apprentice's side.

"Olivepaw! Owlpaw!" a brown tom raced towards them, a scratch down his side dripped with blood. "The battle is over. We lost." Flamepaw leapt off the light brown tabby Jazzpaw assumed was Owlpaw. He jumped up and followed his retreating Clan, muttering insults under his breath. But Olivepaw was still on the ground, even though Starpaw had gone to check that her mother was okay. "Olivepaw?" the brown tom mewed. "Olivepaw!" Still the tortoiseshell she-cat lay on her side, flanks heaving.

"Oakfur." It was Firestar. "You have lost. Why are you still here?"

"Yeah." Berrynose pushed his way forward around the gathering cats, "Do you want us to kill you?"

"Something's wrong with Olivepaw!" Oakfur mewed, desperation in his voice. "Her wounds don't look fatal, or even like they hurt that much, but she can't get up!" Murmurs rippled through the Clan, some with worry, others with confusion, Jazzpaw even thought she heard hatred.

Jayfeather pushed his way to the front of the group. He examined the tiny she-cat for a moment, then pulled out a bundle of herbs. "She's in shock from Starpaw landing on her. She's winded." He took out a few poppy seeds, and placed them in her mouth, dripping some water from a bundle of moss dropped by some cat in battle into her mouth "This apprentice is light enough for you to carry back. Tell Littlecloud what happened. He will help her more."

Oakfur nodded and lifted up the limp cat, he raced away through the entrance. Jazzpaw stared after him. "Hey!" a voice came from behind her, she turned to see Starpaw, amber eyes bright with excitement "That was awesome, wasn't it!" The red cat nodded, although they could have been hurt badly, there was something exhilarating about the battle.

"Cats of ThunderClan!" Firestar had jumped onto the Highrock to summon the Clan. "What ShadowClan did today was very wrong and unwarrior-like. We will practice battle training, and have a constant guard, to make sure nothing like that ever happens when we can prevent it." and at with that, Firestar leapt down from the Highrock and the crowd broke up.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Pleeeaaaase." Redpaw was sitting in front of Mousewhisker, the other apprentices gathered around her.

"We can train, but the others can't unless their mentor says they can." Mouswhisker sighed.

"You can take Lakepaw with you", meowed Bumblestripe.

"Flamepaw as well." Berrynose yowled from across the camp. Mousewhisker stared at the group of apprentices below him.

"Fine."

With yowls of delight, Redpaw skidded across camp, Lakepaw, Flamepaw , and Starpaw racing after her. Jazzpaw leapt after them. Finally! she thought Battle training!

~~~~~~~

Dear anyone actually reading this

Okay so I just want to say I'm sorry for this story existing for like 3 months with only 1 actually part. I procrastinated writing this, and I also started playing Super Mystery Dungeon again. I was stuck on Fire Island Volcano and just wanted to finish the thing. Which I have. I'm like 10 days into the epilogue and I still haven't bothered to start to start the Mew quest/go to Sand Dune Spirits or whatever it's called. The updates for this book probably won't be regular, so don't expect them to be. This chapter might be a bit all over the place. Sorry.

Cosmic out.