2

Brendon woke up the next morning and was slightly surprised to see that Ryan wasn't up yet. He rubbed his eyes and pulled on his glasses before climbing down from the top bunk and crawling on top of Ryan. He poked at his side and smiled when Ryan barely moved in his sleep. He leaned down and gently blew across his ear.

"Mmm, 'topit," Ryan grumbled in his sleep.

Brendon laughed, pressing his lips to the side of his neck. "Time to get up, Ryan. It's almost five," and he whispered in his ear.

"Too early," he muttered. "Go away."

"Can't do that," Brendon said, blowing in his ear again and poking relentlessly at his side. "Gotta get up, baby."

"No."

Brendon sighed and picked up both of his hands, proceeding to make Ryan hit himself in the face. "Gonna get up?"

"You're mean," Ryan whined, opening his eyes and glaring at him. "And you're on top of me."

Brendon smiled at that. "Yes. Yes, I am."

"Off," he said, trying to push him off.

"Okay, okay," Brendon said, standing up and stretching. "As long as you get out of bed. We have a lot to do today."

"We always have a lot to do," Ryan complained. "I hate you."

Brendon grabbed a change of clothes and nodded. "That's okay. Get ready."

As soon as Brendon was out of the room, Ryan threw his pillow at the door. "Ass," he muttered. He dragged himself out of bed and changed from his pajamas into a pair of jeans and a clean white shirt. He threw his shoes on the bed and ran his fingers through his hair. Brendon walked back in, changed into virtually the same thing and he had already put in his contacts. Ryan didn't meet his eyes as he wandered into the bathroom to do his business and then back into their room to slide his boots on.

"You ready?" Brendon asked.

"Yeah."

+

"Are we done yet?" Ryan asked, wiping the back of his hand across his forehead. He couldn't remember the last time he was so damn sweaty. Oh, wait, Ryan though. Never mind.

Brendon pulled up the bottom of his shirt to wipe at his eyes. "Yeah. What time is it?"

Ryan pulled out his cell phone. "About four."

"Wanna go swimming?"

"Um, yeah," Ryan said, as if it were obvious. "My lord. Why is it so hot here?"

"We're close to the equator," Brendon said, starting to walk back towards the lake.

"Yeah, well I'm from Vegas, which is in the fucking desert, and I somehow don't remember it ever being this hot. Of course, I wasn't outside in the summer so much," he said.

Brendon looked over at him. "Wasn't that fire pretty hot?"

Ryan rolled his eyes. "You're never gonna let up, are you?"

"Never, city boy," Brendon said, smiling.

When they finally got to the lake, Brendon already had his shirt off and was working on his pants. He kicked his shoes aside and removed his pants, jumping in the lake without looking back. Ryan looked around. He had artfully avoided ever going swimming with Brendon all summer, opting to go with Annie and Liz, and he wasn't sure if Brendon was actually going to enforce the 'nude' rule.

Brendon resurfaced and rubbed his eyes. "Well, what are you waiting for? Strip and join me, damn."

Ryan shyly removed his shirt, setting it down next to Brendon's. He kicked off his shoes and pants, leaving his boxers on.