The Eighth Chapter

The Eighth Chapter

Sehun opened his eyes and saw the clear, blue sky above him. The wind was gently blowing against his face and the soft grass he was lying on made him want to sleep again. Everything was at peace.

“Good morning, love.” A sweet voice said to him and he looked up to see her smiling down at him.

“Hey.” He smiled back. He settled his head more comfortably on her lap and her delicate hand brushed his hair.

“Your forehead was creasing while you were asleep. Did you have a bad dream?” She kindly asked.

He tried to remember what he dreamed about but to no avail. “I can’t really remember it anymore. Well, it’s fine. So what were you doing while I was out?”

She waved the book she was holding in front of his face. “Reading.”

 “Why did I even ask?” He chuckled. “So, are you done reading it?”

“Yep.”

“What happened to the guy?”

She absent-mindedly flipped through the pages of the book. “Well,” She started to say. Sehun couldn’t help but notice the change on her tone. “He died. Alone and miserable. This must be the most tragic and twisted story I’ve ever read.”

Sehun suddenly found it hard to breathe. In almost a whisper, he asked, “Is that so?”

She directed her eyes down at him. He clearly saw the pity that was registered on her brown orbs. He had always loved the sparkle in them, but right now, it was empty. “He lost everyone important to him, betrayed by everyone who was around him. He continued to hope that he would be saved from that suffering. But sadly, he was denied of happiness ‘til the end and the only choice he had was to kill himself.”

Sehun noticed himself tensing up upon hearing her words. He knew that she wasn’t just talking about the book, but also about him. He refused to say anything. He refused to believe that he was the one she was referring to.

“Do you get what I mean, Sehun?”

No. Please don’t say it.

“You’ll forever be alone, Sehun. No one would ever love you for real.”

Sehun’s eyes shot open when he felt someone shaking his arm. It was a dream. It was just that fucking dream again. He chanted inside his head.

“Yah, Oh Sehun, are you alright?”

His eyes darted to the girl beside his head. Her hand was still on his arm, she was the one who was shaking him awake earlier, and he could see the worry in her eyes. It was something new because her dark orbs were usually cold and didn’t give away any emotion.