Chapter 1

© 2014 by OneAndOnlyLilian.
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

Seriously plagiarism is a crime.

This is: Chapter 1.

My legs throbbed with pain as I walked to nowhere, there where no houses, no people and no source of water. Just field after field after field, this is never ending. I was cold, my battery was at 2% the last time I checked it and worst of all I had ran out of precious food. My coat wasn't helping against the cold. My feet felt like I was walking on a line of needles.

I stopped walking and fell on the rough road which would only add more scars. My body had given up, due to the exhaustion it was facing. I cried and cried until I heard a faint noise, I lifted my head just to make out two blurry headlights. I was right in the middle of the road, I wasn't expecting a car. Panic begun to grow as I tried and tried to shift myself to the side, but it wasn't working, my body was unable to move.

''No.'' I tried shouting but it sounded like a whisper, I closed my eyes, ready for impact. But I felt nothing, just seconds flying by.

I sealed my eyes shut as I stayed still. Why wasn't I seeing a light? I begun to wondered as i heard footsteps. Oh, thats probably an angel ready to take me away from this cruel world.

''Hey, your okay, your okay now.'' His soft voice whispered.

I opened my eyes and what i saw before me wasn't an angel, instead it was Leo.

My Leo.
------------
Priscilla pov

I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm. Oh how much I hated Mondays.

I walked towards my bathroom and stopped when I saw my reflection in the mirror, my brown eyes stared back. My hair was still twisted, my nose was broad and my lips were full and plump. My skin tone brown, just like mouthwatering chocolate.

After I was done brushing my teeth and bathing, I got out of the bathroom and walked to my suitcase and picked up a basic white tee and some black jeans.

I then went to my vanity and started to take the twists out and part them to make my natural hair a big curly fro. I used gel to sleek my baby hairs. I filled in my brows and applied mascara to make my eyes pop.

I looked at the time on my phone, 9:05 I had fifteen minutes to get to work, I thought while shrugging on my cozy coat, it was mid November after all.

I wore my outdated vans and made sure that my bag had everything I needed and left the house in a rush, making sure that the door was locked.

I lived in the part of London that you would call a hood. There were always stabbings, useless fights and let's not forget the prostitutes.

Why did I live there?

Due to a lack of money.

Money.

See when both your parents die due to a devastating crash, life gets complicated and mean. Especially when they left you with nothing.

I was immediately put into a foster home, a bit like Tracy beaker's. I moved out when I turned 18 meaning I had to fend for myself.

The job I had, which was at a local café paid the average. That wasn't enough to pay the bills and feed myself. The only thing that I could really afford was ramen noodles.

I ran when I saw the bus coming and used my oyster to pay. I scanned the bus looking for my friend who also works at the local Café Ajaun Martinez.

I knew him when I stared to work and ever since, we had been best friends. He's so kind, loud, and funny.

I sat next to him and he smiled at me. He had black kinky hair and deep brown eyes and had darkskin.

"Hello Prissy!" He said in an excited tone. "You know I've got some tea for you."

"Spill it." I said after greeting him.

"The local Café is due to shut down next week!" Ajaun said grinning widely.

"Boy, why are you grinning? You know this means we loose our jobs." I said panicking. "How do you even know this?"

He pressed his lips into a thin line and looked at me with narrowed eyes. "Look at you spewing all your negative vibes everywhere, will you chill out? I have a cousin who will hook us up to work at a restaurant he's opening." He said. I took a huge breath and nodded.

Wow I can't quite believe it. The local Café was finally shutting down. It wasn't the worst café in the world but the manger was impossible to deal with.

"Also I overheard Meredith begging someone over the phone to let her keep her business open and the person said no and that the deadline for her to close down the café was by the end of this week."

I nodded my head, Ajaun was the friend that always had the tea.

We exited the bus and walked for a few minutes and soon we had our Local Café work clothes on and our shift starting.

What a long day this was going to be.

After working Ajaun took me to Burger King. That was the only thing I had eaten that day.

I needed to go grocery shopping so Ajaun and I went to the nearest Costco and he bought me a ton of things.

He knew I hated to have things given to me so he practically begged me to take it. He said he was worried about my eating habits.

I assured him that I was fine but he still managed to persuade me into taking the groceries home.

Ajaun was my prince.

Authors Note! Would some one make me a trailer? Pretty please.
Hi guys it's Lilian. I'll answer any questions you ask me so feel free to. If there is any mistakes please just ignore it or tell me. This is my first book!