So many secrets...

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

***********************************

KAYLEIGH'S POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kay, What's up hun? You seem really distracted this morning?" Sarah asked, sitting down beside me, nibbling on a pretzel. Where did she even get that from?

"Kay!?? You've done it again! You keep zoning out. What's happened?" She continued.

She's my best friend. I can tell her.

"Well, James text me last night. He wants to take me out tonight, to talk about what I said" I explained.

I saw the corners of her mouth twitch, like she was about to smile, but forcefully stopped.

"What did you say?" She asked, hopingly.

"Uhm, well...nothing"

"What! Why???"

"Because Sarah! I don't want to ruin his life. He needs to be with someone he can enjoy live his life with. Not risk it saving a baby that isn't even his!" I replied, quite loudly, getting angry that she won't just understand me. She usually does. Why is it different this time?

She seemed to flinch when I said 'Saving a baby that isn't even his' I couldn't be bothered to ask what it was about, so I left it.

"Kay. Please trust me on this one, you know i'd never tell you to do anything that I thought could get you hurt right?"

"Yeah I guess not" I nodded.

"Then please go tonight. You have to!" She pleaded. Looking really serious.

"Why? It's not important"

"Yes! Yes it really is important. If you don't go tonight, it'll be the worst decision of your life, it'll ruin everything you ever dreamed of having. Please!?"

She begged, squeezing my hands, not looking away from me.

"Sarah, what are you on about? It's only a bre-"

"No! Don't even say that. You're going. So you better reply to him right this second" She interrupted me.

I sighed, giving into her.

What could go wrong? It's good I guess, i'll be able to explain to James why it's best we're not together.

I wandered back into my room, seeing Leah was fiddling with her eeyore teddy, I decided to reply to James. Finally.

To: James

Hey, sorry for the long reply. I fell asleep pretty quickly, sure i'll see you tonight? Just to explain. Nothing more x

Within seconds he replied.

From: James

Great:) I'll pick you up at 5! xxxx

It was so awkward, even though it's by text. I felt so bad, but it's best. Right?

SARAH'S POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My persuading skills always work on this girl. Thank god she's going now. This should all be okay now. Aslong as James doesn't freak out and not tell her. It's best he tells her. But if he doesn't tonight, I will. She deserves to know prettt soon. She's been wondering long enough, it's about time she knows.

Since Sam's at work today, I don't have alot to do. My boss gave me time off, until i've got things sorted after the fire, thankfully.

I don't even know what he does? That's quite bad? Maybe thats what he was talking anout yesterday? Crap.

My phone vibrated so I checked it quick and saw it was from Sam.

From: Sam

Hey babe:* So this thing I need to tell you, it's pretty important so I think you should know? I'll get some food on my way home, and i'll tell you over dinner yeah?xxxxxx

To: Sam<3

Sounds great:) See you then:*

Hoping it's not bad, I got up and went shopping with Kay. She needs some more clothes for Leah, I obviously needed to drive her.

SAM'S POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You actually can't back down now Sam. It's too late.

I hope she doesn't take it to badly, actually she probably won't. It'll be Kayleigh that freaks out. Thats why I won't tell her. Not until James knows atleast. It's more important that he knows.

Ugh. But he's not allowed to know. This couldn't be any harder.

Right, i'll tell Sarah. I'll make her promise not to tell Kayleigh, or James! And when I think it's right, i'll James. He can tell Kayleigh if he thinks he should. Right.

KAYLEIGH'S POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After spending a hole 4 hours shopping with Sarah, I eventually found an outfit for tonight.

I brought a pink tank top, with wide straps and a black skater skirt which starts and my waist and finishes at mid-thigh. I wore my white cardigan with it and my black dolly shoes.

Tried not to look too good, it's not like it's date. I need to be casual.

"Sarah, are you still going tonight yeah?" Sarah shouted from the lounge.

She was taking care of Leah for me tonight, I didn't even have to ask. She loves her too much. I'm pretty sure if I died she wouldn't care, as long as she gets Leah.

"Yeah, shouldn't Sam be home by now?" I replied, walking out my room into the lounge.

"Good, no he said he was going to pick us up some dinner on his way back" She said, rocked Leah.

"Oh okay, any special reason? Or just 'cuz" I asked, seeing I still have 10 minutes.

"Well, he said he was going to tell me about how he has an helicopter. I gues he'll tell me his job. I don't even know what he does as a main job" She explained. Obviously he did sell tickets for the boat over to the Island, but that wouldn't pay alot. So he has a day job too.

"Ohh! Tell me what it is?" I made her promise to tell me, and she agreed.

I heard the intercom ring.

"Your man's here" Sarah winked at me.

'My man' Hearing those words made me smile. But then frown when I realised he won't be mine for long.

"I'm coming down now" I said into the micro-phone.

"Sound" He replied. I slipped on my shoes and blew a good-bye kiss to Leah.

I jogged down the stairs and met a very good looking James.

He was leant against his car, staring at his phone. God he looks so hot!

No kay, don't make this worse. Just stay focused. This is it.

SHOUT OUT!

To BByles! Thanks for the votes, comments and ideas bab:*

READ HER STORY! Bad-Boy Love. You WON'T regret it!!