Otabek Altin: Silence Cannot Stop Us

Requested by: SophiaAndHerself
Type of Oneshot: Fluff
Oneshot Idea: Y/N is mute and cannot speak but finds a person who understands her without words.
Warning(s): Very cute, may die of fluffiness.
Additional Info: Italicized phrases are thoughts.
––––––––––––––––––––––––––

-Y/N POV-

I sighed silently and sat in a bookstore reading a new book I had just purchased, sipping absentmindedly at my drink. The bookstore was quiet, something I liked. Loud noises bothered me, making it hard to go outside sometimes. As I started to focus on my book I heard a throat being cleared behind. I set my book down and turned in my chair to see who it was.

A tall dark haired guy stood behind me, staring directly at me. I tilted my head curiously and put my hands out to signify me asking what he needed.

He cleared his throat again, "I was wondering if you knew of any good books to read."

I thought for a moment and nodded, beckoning him to follow me. I stood up and went down one of the bookshelves, him following behind me. I stopped in front of a bookshelf of classics and pulled The Count of Monte Cristo off the shelves. I handed it to the guy with a smile and waved at him, assuming we were down here.

I went to go back to my book and drink but he stopped me and turned me around. His dark eyes bore into mine, his face expressionless,

"Who are you?"

I blushed slightly and pointed to my throat and then shook my head.

"You can't speak?" He asked.

I nodded and pulled out my phone. I tapped into my speaking app and typed in some stuff.

"I am Y/N, who are you?" A robotic voice asked.

He smiled slightly, "I'm Otabek, nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too," I made my phone reply, giving him a smile.

"Want to read together?"

"That would be lovely."

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-

Otabek and I started to meet up at the bookstore every week, when he had an opening that is. I learned over the best weeks we hung out that he was a professional figure skater and had performed at many events like the Grand Prix. I also learned that he didn't talk much, but he made an effort to talk a lot to me. That was sweet.

One day when we decided to meet I was running late, so I decided to run to the bookstore. In hindsight, that was a terrible idea. When I was almost to the bookstore, I slipped in a puddle that was created since it had rained an hour prior. I shut my eyes in preparation for the fall but it never came. I opened an eye to see why and Otabek was holding my waist, preventing me from falling.

He stared at me, "You should be more careful Y/N."

I blushed and nodded, he was right after all. Otabek smiled slightly and stood me upright. Like a gentleman he led me into the bookstore to our table. He pulled out my chair and scooted me in. He patted my head and smiled,

"I'll go get you a drink."

I nodded and felt my cheeks warm up. Why was I so flustered? Usually I was fine around Otabek but today seemed to be different. But why though?

As I struggled with inner turmoil, Otabek was already back with our drinks and I saw him push a (favorite warm drink) into my sight. I looked up and gave him a smile, pulling out my phone so I could talk to him. He stopped me and pulled out a notepad,

"I want to see your handwriting today, if that's alright. I'll even write too if that makes you comfortable."

I grinned and took the notebook along with a pen from him, quickly scrawling,

This is nice. Thank you, Otabek.

I slid the notebook back to him and he smiled, scribbling a note for me.

It's been a pleasure these past few weeks to get to know. How long has it been anyways? Two months?

I giggled, Almost three.

His eyes widened and he smiled, That's quite a bit of time.

It is isn't it?

He looked up at me this time before looking back down to write a note. He slid the notebook back at me and smiled slightly.

Hey Y/N? I really like you so do you want to go out with me?

I blushed and looked up at him. He was smiling at me and his pupils were dilated. How long has he felt this way?

I like you as well. I think dating you would be absolutely wonderful.

I gave him back the notebook and watched him read the note. His eyes lit up and he looked back up at me,

"Really?"

I nodded and smiled. He smiled as well and set his hand on mine,

"You have no idea how much this makes me happy. May I kiss you?"

I blushed and nodded. He leaned forward over the table and planted a soft kiss on my lips. He was gentle but passionate, like he had wanted to do this for a long time. I deepened the kiss, enjoying this all too much. I felt Otabek smile into it and stroke my cheek. We pulled away after a minute to catch our breaths. I smiled, knowing that even with my muteness, silence could not stop us.