07

Nasir Daniels

All weekend, I ignored Gionni. He lied to me, made a fool out of me.

"So he was playing you?" I was on FaceTime with Julia. I nod, "And how do you know?"

"Monae told me that one of her friends that goes to Gionni's old school told her that Gionni still goes with some pretty white girl." I shrug as I sip the smoothie I got from the lunch line.

"You mean Hoenae? The girl that ruins everybody's relationships?" I nod, "I oughta slap yo ass for listening to her. Did she even have proof?"

"She showed me a picture of them together." I fiddle with my spoon.

She puts a spoonful of rice in her mouth.

"And how do you know if it was recent or not?"

Food for thought.

"I don't, but-"

"Exactly. Stop letting people implement doubts about him in your head."

"But wha-" The sound of a bookbag dropping beside me interrupts my sentence.

"You wanna tell me why you been ignoring me?" Gionni says as he sits next to me.

"Bye, Nas." Julia hangs up. Petty bitch.

I put my phone down and look at Gionni. His hair is slicked back in it's usual state and he's wearing a grey shirt and ripped jeans. I'm not gonna lie, he was looking like a snack.

"Does your girlfriend know you're talking to me?" I smartly respond.

"I don't have a girlfriend, where you get that shit from?"

"I saw the picture, Gionni so don't try to act innocent. If you didn't wanna be with me you could've simply said that." I get up and walk off but this nigga couldn't take a hint.

"What picture? Nasir I don't talk to nobody but you." He follows behind me as I leave the cafeteria.

"The picture of you and the pretty white girl." I continue walking, and he was hot on my trail.

"Sarah? We broke up before I came to this school." He grabs my arm and turns me around to face him, "That's why you've been walking around like you got a stick stuck up your ass?"

"Maybe." I roll my eyes. He aggressively backs me up into a corner between a set of lockers. He grabs my wrists and pin them above my head.

"You know I'm a straightforward person. If I didn't want to be with you, I would've told you from the start. Have I given you any reason to doubt me, to not trust me?" He leans in close to my face.

He does have a point. Gionni hasn't given me any reason to not trust him. It's just that somewhere at the back of my mind I feel like he's going to do me just like Jordan did.

"No." I mumble.

"Then stop doubting me, baby. I'm nothing like Jordan, okay? I'm here because I like you. Not because I wanna have sex with you, but because I wanna be with you and cherish you. I'm yours and you're mine, right?" I smile at him as my cheeks heat up.

"Yes."

He presses his lips against mine slowly, letting go of my wrists and intertwining his hands with mine. He kisses me one last time before pulling away. He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"Our date, tonight?" I nod my head as he pecks my lips, "Good. I'll pick you up at 7."

"Okay."

...

I fix my button down shirt as I walk down the stairs of my house.

"Honey you look so handsome." My mother said as she watches reruns of Growing Up: Hip Hop Atlanta. "Where you going?"

"I have a date." I grin at her as her eyes widen.

"When do I get to meet the lil boy that got my son leaving the house and smiling so hard?" She props up on her fist and smirks.

"Today. Mama you'll love him."

A few minutes later, there's a knock at the door. My mama opens it while I make sure I was still looking delectable.

"Hi, you must be Mrs. Daniels?" Gionni asks my mother with that same charming smile on his face.

"Yes, nice to meet you, and you must be the boy that has my son so happy all the time?" She says as she shakes his hand.

"Yes ma'am, nice to meet you as well. I'm Gionni."

They talk for alittle while longer before he makes his way over to me.

"You look beautiful." I blush profusely.

"You look nice too." He smiles, showing his perfectly shaped white teeth.

"You ready?" I respond with a yeah and we exit the house after telling my mama bye. "Your mama looks so young for her age."

"Black don't crack." I joke, pulling out my phone.

"I see. No wonder you look so good." He licks his lips as he stares at me.

...

We were having the ideal date right now. A blanket, roses, and a bucket full of crawfish, and watching the fireworks. I'm enjoying ever minute of it.

"I knew from the day I saw you that you were the one for me." Gionni says as I lay back on him.

"I would wonder sometimes why you like me, then you'd remind me. That's how I knew you were the one. Sometimes I may have my insecurities and I may push you away, but you always show me that you're not going anywhere."

"And that's why I wanna make us official." I sit up and look at him as he holds a diamond necklace in his hand. "Nasir, will you be my boyfriend?"

I smile so wide I think I'm about to break my mandible. The necklace had his name on it in fancy letters.

"Y-Yes, Gionni. I'll be your boyfriend." He puts the diamond necklace around my neck and he pulls me into a kiss.

"I like you alot." I admit, wrapping my arms around my neck.

"I like you alot, too." He answers.

Best 4th of July ever.

...

I was rushing so it's sucky.. 😭🤷🏽‍♀️

Do y'all see this Rob vs. Chyna beef going on? 👀🐸☕️