Chapter 7

Max's POV:

At lunch while I was sitting with Aiden and co., Alicia decided it would be a great idea to come up from her seat with Ellinor and tell the whole group that Ellinor would be riding with us to our apartment so they could work on an assignment together.

I may sound like a jerk, but I had the feeling that most people in this group really didn't like Ella for some reason, even if Aiden seemed indifferent, so I nodded absentmindedly at Alicia, and quickly went back to our previous conversations as Alicia left.

For the past few years at least, no matter what school we'd been at, Alicia and I had been effortlessly the center of the popular group. We were smart, rich, and good looking; however, at this school, a lot of the kids were also all three, so I really didn't want to blow my only chance at being popular. Sure, I don't place everything on being popular, but I don't want to be singled out as a loser either.

I don't want to be like Ellinor. And I'm scared Alicia's going to be looked down on after her decision to hang out with Ella.

After our last class together, Alicia skipped up to me, dragging along a less than willing Ella, and we headed out to my car.

"So, how do you get to school normally?" I asked Ella to be nice.

"My Dad can't drive me and I can't drive yet, so I usually take the bus."

"Wait, this school has a bus?"

"Uh no, I take the public school bus and they are able to drop me off here since it's on their route."

"Oh, sounds interesting." I said, unlocking my Lamborghini.

And only then realize that it's a 2-seater and we have 3 people.

"So uh, yeah, there are only 2 seats in here."

Alicia scratched her head and laughed a bit awkwardly.

Just then Aiden pulled up in his Corvette with his window rolled down.

"Everything alright? You guys look a bit confused."

"Yeah man, we kind of forgot my car only has 2 seats and we need to drive Ella too."

"Oh," Aiden said, glancing over at Ella.

"Hey, you have an apartment near school too, right?" Alicia asked giddily, "Why don't you give Ella a ride to our place. It's probably not very far from yours."

"Oh, I don't know..."

"Right?"

"Alicia," I sighed, but looked over at Ella and saw she seemed to like the idea. "Well, it'd be really nice if you could help us out. I'd offer to ride with you instead, but I don't let anyone else drive my baby."

"Alicia could ride with you then," Ella said sadly.

Aiden sighed and ran a hand through his hair before looking straight at Ella. "Yeah, I guess I can do it. Get in Ella."

She nodded and smiled a bit as she hurried over to his passenger side.

"You can just follow us," I said as I climbed into my car and turned on the engine. "It's only a few minutes away."

As we pulled out of the parking lot, Alicia turned to me with a grin. "She totally likes him."

I shrug, but I had the same feeling. "They both said she doesn't."

"It's obvious she feels something for him," Alicia said, gesturing with her hands. "I don't know why she's so adament in claiming she doesn't have any feelings for him. Aren't girls supposed to share all their feelings like this with each other?"