The Sword and the Spirit

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"You're going to have to eventually forgive him." I tell Scott. 

"You didn't see the look in his eyes." Scott sighs. "He honestly wanted to kill me."

"Theo manipulated him." I remind him. "If you stay mad at him forever he will never forgive himself and you'll never forgive yourself. You two are eating away at each other. You don't even see how much it's affecting the both of you. He's your Beta, Scott. Put your balls where they're suppose to be, man up and forgive the poor kid."

I walk away from him.

"Chelsea." 

I turn to face him, "I'm not trying to defend Liam because I love him. I'm defending him because he can't defend himself when it comes to you. You're driving him away every time you tell him to sit down and be a good boy. He's not a puppy, Scott. He's a human being. He's trying to help. If you let him help we wouldn't be here." I point over to the tunnel where the Dread Doctors are located. "We wouldn't be here following him."

"You're right." Scott nods sighing. "I've been too hard on him. He probably hates me."

"He doesn't." I shook my head. "He looks up to you. He just wants his Alpha and friend back."

Scott smiles. "He probably wants his girlfriend back too."

I chuckle, "He's working on that."

"Let's go help this Beta." Scott walks into the tunnels and I follow.

We walk around for a few minutes before finding Liam who walked past us about five times. He's pretty much lost.

"You lost?" Scott asks Liam as he stood in front of us.

Liam nods, "Completely. How did you know I was down here?"

"We followed you."

I'm just going to let Scott do all the talking. This is his beta here and they need to fix their problem.

"Why are you following me?"

"Why are you down here?" Scott ignores the question.

"I'm just trying to figure out if this is where they took us. Me and Hayden." He says and I remember the time where they were trapped behind an electrical fence. "Malia said she was down here too. That the scent was the same. She said you were right."

"There's a turn you keep passing." Scott points to the left. "It's easy to miss."

"How many times did you watch me pass it?"

"Five." Scott awkwardly says. "Come on, let's see if we can find it together. 

I slowly walk behind them. This is their moment and I don't need to ruin it even more. 

Scott suddenly stops as he looks at his hands. "Do you guys feel that?"

"Like something's vibrating." Liam answers.

"I can't tell where it's coming from." Scott continues to look at his hands. 

Liam kneels down on the ground and touches it, "It's coming from everywhere." 

It went silent again. God, these boys are going to kill me with their awkwardness. 

"I was just trying to do something right." Liam shook his head. 

"You do a lot right." Scott tells him.

"Yeah, but I did one thing really wrong." Liam looks at the ground in guilt. "I feel like I had to do more than just say sorry."

"Actually, you still haven't done that." Scott looks at him. 

"Back at my old school. . . at Devenford, I got into a fight with this kid. I knocked two of his teeth out. They made me write a letter of apology. We both knew it meant nothing. We both knew that sooner or later, we're gonna get into another fight. I can't just say I'm sorry. I feel like I have to do something. Like maybe, somehow I have to save your life."