We hadn't lived here long - a month at most. To be fair the house was quite rundown when we first bought it, my family not having enough money to our name to buy anything nicer.

Evan observed the place, thankfully not commenting on it's state of mess.

Seeing a broken lamp laying on the floor next to the coffee table peeked my interest for it had not been there this morning. I decided to ignore it for now, maybe it was there and I had failed to notice it.

"Keep your shoes on." I tell Evan. I don't want him stepping on any broken things on our way to my room.

I guide Evan to my room which was up the stairs and down the hall. It didn't take long for him to ask questions about the broken things we passed on our way. I had ignored them, eventually deciding to give Evan the answer of "I'll tell you later."

Once we entered my room I closed the door and sat on the plain bed I called mine. He did the same, not saying anything, just examining the boring room.

"Why'd you beat the guy up?" He eventually asked, looking at me with curious eyes.

"He was disrespectful to my sister." My answer was true, but a lot more kind thab what I had originally wanted to say.

He just gave a nod, probably seeming it best to drop the topic.

"Remember that science feildtrip we were supposed to go on?" He quizzed. I did remember, I didn't go. Luckily neither did he so I wasn't alone in my science class. We had gotten a sub, they didn't do anything except let the students watch unrelated movies since there were only 5 of us in total.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"During that whole week we watched movies. Which was your favorite?"

"Avengers: Age of Ultron. You?" I liked the sub, they chose good movies. They had tried to explain the connection between action movies and science, for the most part they did a good job.

"Avengers, the first one. Anyways, I was wondering if you had any movies here? We could watch them. I love the comments you make." When we watched the movies I had often made jokes and comments on them that made him laugh.

"Uh, yeah I think so. I am pretty sure they are in the basement stuffed in boxes though."

"I have a flashlight." He took out a miniture flashlight from his pocket, turning it on and pointing it at my chest.

"Why the hell do you have a flashlight?"

------------

By the time we dug through all the boxes and found a good movie it was 2:30 pm. We had spent a good 2 hours searching.

Now we were setting up the old 'dinosaur tv' (as Evan called it) and my old Xbox 360 in my room.

"That wire doesn't go there." I chuckled as Evan tried to fit an HDMI cord into the box tv. "It's not an HD TV."

He gave me a playful glare for he knew that I was right. He threw the wire behind him and plugged the TV into the wall.

I pressed the power button on the Xbox as Evan turned the television on. I placed the movie disc in when Evan clicked on my profile and loaded it up.

"Why are we watching this again?" I quizzed, glancing at Evan as I sat on my bed.

"Because it will be fun to make fun of it." He smiled, hopping onto the bed and sitting beside me.

The lights were off, the curtains were closed and the onlytl thing providing any light being the TV screen.

The movie began, it's beginning music filling the silent room. It was eerie music, for we were watching a horror movie. Evan wanted to try and make fun of it's poor graphics, editing, and plot since it was made sometime in the 90's. Not that horror movie plots have gotten any better.

Sometime around the time were the plit went into the rising action djd Evan lean his head on my shoulder. I peered over at him, seeing his brown eyes glued to the screen.

A scream echoed from the TV and I saw Evan jump slightly.

"Scared?" I teased and he shifted his head so he could glare up at me. My response to this being a smirk.

He mumbled incoherent words as he turned back to the TV, making me chuckle.

I turn to the TV just as a poorly made 'scary' face popped on the screen. I heard a small scream, but I knew very well it wasn't from the movie. This scream that I heard was accompanied by a tight grip around my bicep and a small pull back.

I looked at Evan, who was the source of the scream. He had shuffled slightly back against the wall and his arms were hugging my arm.

"The movie practically jist started and you're already scared." I tsked, shaking my head playfully as I moved back next to him, leaning my back against the wall.

"Shut up." He muttered, snuggling up against me.

For the rest of the movie Evan switched between covering his eyes and hugging me, which I found cute. There wasn't much talking or joking during the movie like we had planned. It was pretty silent, me teasing Evan being the only words spoken half the time.

Now that the movie was over, me and Evan just sat on my bed in the dark. I played a video game while he played with my hoodie sleeve.

All my movement ceased when I felt Evan's fingers running across the scars on my arm. He wasn't saying anything, just tracing the marks.

"Evan." I dropped the controller on my lap and grabbed his wrist to stop his movements.

He looked up at me slowly and it shocked me to see his eyes brimming with tears.

"When did you do this?" His voice was almost inaudible.

I shifted so my torso was facing him, sroping his wrist as I did so. "After my dad died." I answered. He looked a little surprised.

"Y-You're dad died? When? H-How?" His voice cracked as he spoke. His fingers wrapped around my hand and he held it tightly.

"He died if a heart attack when I was 11. I already had things troubling me and the event made it worse so I cut myself." I left out the part about me being the hospital then.

He balled my hand into a fist and brought it to his lips, placing small kiss on my bruised knuckles. "I'm sorry."

The action he did caused me to blush, but I couldn't do anything about it. At least I wasn't the only tomato in the room, he was blsuhing too.