4. Bringer of the End times

After a long hug, me and Ulfric let go of each other. He held on to me and stared into my green eyes. I was still angry with him but with all the ashes and scorch marks, I forgot anger for a moment. For a moment it was just us. My love for him soared in my heart. Butterflies bounced around in my stomach. His eyes coming from fear to a relaxed, comfortable sight. Just the sight of me could calm him down in any state. He pulled me closer as he gently moved my hair out of my face.

"What happened here?" I asked quietly while we were still close together.

"A dragon attacked. I was about to be sent to chopping block." Ulfric replied. I backed away suddenly and gasped. My hands over my mouth. Then the anger came back to me. I suddenly didn't care about a damn dragon. I then slapped him.

"First you go out without saying goodbye! Then here you were about to get killed! What would have happened if that dragon never showed up?!" I demanded. Ulfric sighed.

"Novah I cannot argue with you. You are absolutely right. I should have have made time to see you. Forgive me." Ulfric said while rubbing his now red left cheek. My eyes watered slightly. Again and again he chooses war over me.

"I will. But just give me time. " I said not looking towards him.

"I have to go." I said and took off with Ulfric's shouts of my name, I proceeded to High Hrogthgar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I landed in the courtyard, all of the Greybeards were there. I landed in front of Arngeir.

"I suppose you know about Alduin." Arngeir spoke. I just nodded.

"I suppose it is time to formally recognize you as Dragonborn. " Arngeir said with a tone of excitement in his voice. He has waited for this moment for so long. He was excited for me. He practically sees me as a daughter. The Greybeards lead me to the middle of the monastery facing towards the entrance. I got in the middle as the four of them claimed spots around me. I nodded to Arngeir, signaling him that I'm ready.  The Greybeards then spoke to me. The ancient chant of the Dragonborn. Although this should be very exciting for me, I couldn't focus. I spaced out while the chant went on. All I could think of was Ulfric. When they finally finished and took a bow, the others walked away as Arngeir approached.

"Novah you seem distracted." Arngeir pointed out.

"Yes I admit I am. I just need to clear my head and I think I will be alright. " I replied. Arngeir nodded at my words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ivarsted was quiet per usual. I sat next to a river. I could hear the occasional cricket chirp or fish jump in the water. The rays of Dusk danced and shimmered on the river. I closed my eyes and let the beauty of Skyrim take my worries away. A gentle breeze lifted my hair. Then I heard some shouting from the inn. I looked towards the inn. There were two buff looking men towering over a young woman, most likely nineteen years old. I quickly rose to the ground.

"When I asked for you to join me it wasn't a request." The taller man said as grabbed the girl.

"P-please I don't want to. Leave me alone" she whimpered. The men smirked at her.

"Hey boys. I think you should leave her alone" I said loudly.

"Yeah and who's going to stop us?" The taller man said while dropping the girl to the floor.

"Who else would it be?" I jested.

"Huh. Think that you're funny?" The man said while pulling out a dagger. I shrugged.

"I mean my boyfriend thinks so" i joked once more.  The man started to charge at me. I took in a deep breath.

"ZUN HAAL VIIK!" I shouted as his dagger disappeared. The smaller, less buff man took off into a sprint. I felt my wings tear out and I zoomed towards the taller one and lifted him by his tunic.

"If you ever treat a woman like that again, I will find you. If you mistreat an animal, I will find you. If you hurt any woman at all, I will find you. If you think that shout was scary, ohh I have much more scarier than that. I have a shout that can rip you apart into pieces. But since i'm in a pleasant mood, I spared you. You have the nature of Skyrim to thank for that. " I said through gritted teeth. The man whimpered like a child hiding from a monster. Smirking, I dropped him, smiling wider as he screamed. I swooped down grabbed him by the leg and threw him into the lake. I landed with a loud thump as he ran away, drenched in water and urine. My wings went back into my body. I made my way to the young woman.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"I will be. Thank you." She stuttered still shaken up.

"Want some advice?" I said. She nodded. I handed her a steel dagger.

"Keep this with you and the boys won't mess with you." I advised. She nodded once more and made her way back into the inn. I smiled to myself. Then I remembered someone who I truly care about. I took off into the sky.

As we kissed, everything felt alright again. My hands on the door pushing it out of the way. As we entered, Ulfric closed the door behind him. This was the best night of my life. And everything was right.