To Diagon Alley: Year 1/Summer

Start from the beginning

Sleep soon overcame her as she lay on the bag, clouding her vision until the lowering sun was just a fiery dot on the horizon.

Amisty was a light sleeper, living on the street gave her a somewhat sixth sense, so when she heard thumping footsteps and some lighter, quieter footsteps buried beneath the noise, it was a wonder anyone on the block was still asleep.

She quickly moved into a position where she could peer across the street without anyone else able to spot her.

The only person who knew about it was Harry.

"Amisty, come on, it's me," A voice called softly, before the green-eyed boy came into her view, followed by a man, wait... a massive man.

"Harry!" She exclaimed, jumping out of hiding to go hug him. "What are you doing here? I thought you were staying at a house in the middle of nowhere"

"Well uh, Hagrid here got me out of that mess, we're on our way to Diagon Alley," Harry grinned sheepishly, looking over his shoulder at the massive humanoid.

Hagrid grinned toothily at Amisty before patting Harry on the back,

"We best be going," He told him, "Diagon Alley ain't the closest place from 'ere."

Harry nodded happily, "Come on Amisty, let's go get our wands."

"Now that sounds like a fun thing to do," She replied, a grin making its way onto her face.

'I wonder what kind of wand I'll get,' She thought to herself as they started to walk down the street.

"Hagrid, can we own pets at Hogwarts?" Amisty asked, craning her neck to see his expression.

"Actually you 'an, a frog, owl, an' a cat I think," He replied, scratching his head as if he were thinking before smiling down at her.

'Hagrid seems like a nice person, er, giant person, I don't know, and if he's friends with Harry he can't be that bad,' She thought to herself, smiling back at him.

"Um, Hagrid, sorry to interrupt, but how exactly are we getting to Diagon Alley?" Harry asked, slowing the pace so that Hagrid could answer.

"Magic of course," He replied, revealing a pink umbrella from his jacket pocket.

"I'm not so sure that's a wand, Hagrid," Amisty insisted, eying the umbrella warily as if it was about to explode into a million pieces.

Hagrid wiggled an eyebrow, "How can you be so sure young'un?" He asked, waving it in a spiral motion.

A motorcycle appeared at his side, engine roaring.

Amisty winced, covering her ears with her hands until it quieted down to a dull purr.

"Wow..." Harry and Amisty marveled in unison, staring at the motorcycle with wide, emerald eyes.

Hagrid nodded, his eyes twinkling, "We 'ave a train to catch."

Fetus Makie was not a very good writer

Fetus Makie was not a very good writer. I'm hurting with the amount of repetition in this. I think it's around chapter 10 that it gets better, though, so I won't have to suffer through too much more of this torture. And it's so SHORT! It's only around 900 words! My chapters now are at least 2000+! *banging head against wall* I'll edit this properly... one day. Thank you for reading!

 Thank you for reading!