It was nearly midnight, everyone was exhausted but Clarke obviously more irritable than the rest. There were at a lull while her contractions were only a few minutes apart. They let Bellamy have a moment with her alone. A tear fell from the corner of Clarke's bright blue eye as Bellamy pulled a chair close. He wipes it away as he whispered a soothing, 'it'll all be over soon.'

But Clarke shakes her head, turning her nose up and forcing her head farther back into the pillow. "No, Bell. I don't know if I can do this."

"Of course you can." He soothed, dabbing the cold cloth to her forehead as her chest so carefully rise and fall.

Clarke grabs onto her stomach, feeling the baby align pressure against her uterus. Another tear fell from her eyes. "No, it's..." she sighed, letting out a sharp breath following a sharp pain. "I don't know if can be a mother, Bellamy. I'm not ready." Her words came out rough as she swallowed them too late.

Bellamy knew this was coming. They had discussed having children and came upon the decision that it just wasn't right, not yet, anyway. But, six months after their wedding, the cards they were handed said otherwise. When Clarke found out she was pregnant, her heart raced to the point of near combustion. She fell into an immediate depression, told herself that it wasn't happening, and blamed her morning sickness on the flu bug that was going around. Bellamy didn't believe her, but went along with it until she was ready to talk about it. After a particularly long day, he crawled into bed with her, his arm tightly wrapped around her waist, palm flat against her stomach. She laced her fingers overtop of his and her breath became shaky. He knew it was something more as he pushed his lips into the back of her shoulder, a sign of comfort. Something he did when she was overwhelmed, it was his way of keeping her calm, nurseling into her like a small child. She was clammy and turned her head at his touch, staring along the speckled covered ceiling of what had been left of their handmade home in Arkadia. Clarke felt his gaze lining her body and sat long across her eyes, longer than normal and she took a deep breath. "Bellamy." She had whispered so quietly that she had hardly heard it herself. "We're pregnant." She said a little louder and when he stayed silent she rolled from under his arm. He pressed his forehead to hers, leaving a small kiss edging against her lips.

"I know." He whispered back, running his fingertips like butterflies along her side.

Her eyebrows furrowed with heavy confusion, "excuse me?"

Bellamy smiled, placing another small kiss to her mouth, in return she pulled against his bottom lip. "Your mom told me."

A smile cracked along her lips, slight relief, slight confusion, a mix of the two. "How long have you known?" She scratched at his forearms, feeling the goosebumps rise under her touch.

"Since the moment you crawled into this bed claiming you had a stomach bug." She blushed and he kissed her again, tenderly, smiling at how he knew Clarke so well. She snuggled up to him, her forehead pressed into his chest as she wrapped her body around him tightly like a snake folding into its prey. She felt so secure in his arms, so safe and so loved.

Suddenly she was put in the position of motherhood clawing at her from the inside, out. Despite the anxiety and fear that was built up inside of her sweat soaked body, she managed a smile. Bellamy's comforting warmth fired through his fingertips along her jawline. A mix of sweat and tears ran down her cheeks, bubbling against her scorched skin. "You can do this, Clarke. We can do this, together."

Together sets her off. It was like their safe word. If either of them were unsure or felt uneasy, they talked about it, together. They held each other's hand and walked through whatever obstacle, together. The way their hands overlapped felt so right and they truly knew that it was exactly where it was supposed to be. Together, they were invincible. Together, they made each other brave and strong, and couldn't ask for anything more. When he touched her the world fell around them like crumbling pieces of debris. Like a tornado whirling around them and they were at the centre of it. As long as they were together, they could take on world. Specifically, the end of the world.