He just gives me a small smile before turning back to his son. "Get down, Ben and come and meet your new babysitter."

Bennett does as he is told and comes over to us. "But I'm not a baby!"

"Okay, fine," Ryker smiles as he crouches down so that they are at the same level. "Big-boy-sitter."

"Better."

"Ben, this is Kasey. She's going to look after you tonight during my game, okay?" He says, running a hand through his son's dark hair. God, they are almost identical. It's the kind of like-father-like-son that makes you question if there was ever a mother in the picture. They have the same eyes, hair, and cheekiness about them.

"Hey, Ben," I smile at him, forgetting that he won't answer me because he didn't know me. I should've called him Bennett.

His big blue eyes settle on me and I can feel him judging me. God, this three-year-old scares me more than the bitches in high school. "You're really pretty."

"Um, thanks," I awkwardly chuckled. "You're very handsome, too, Ben."

"People always say I look like my Daddy and he's handsome, so I must be," he replies, a toothy grin on his face. Woah. He's an intelligent three-year-old as well. I've worked with a lot of different kids and not a single one could've strung together a sentence like that at three. It's scarily brilliant.

"Well, they're definitely right," I say before turning to Ryker. "So, what's the normal routine?"

"I'm going to talk to Kasey, okay? Just go back to whatever you were be doing and we'll be back in a bit," he says to his son before leading me out and into the dining room where there is a couch in the corner, which is what Ryker sits down on.

Hesitantly, I take a seat next to him and cross my legs together. He turns to face me and rubs a hand over his mouth as he tries to find the words to say. Oh, who am I kidding? This is weird. It's really fucking weird and I'm not sure how to deal with it.

Eight years ago, this guy knew me better than anyone else. Better than anyone else ever had and now, we're sitting in his dining room and I'm babysitting his kid. Christ. If you told me that when I was sixteen and hopelessly in love with the guy, I would've laughed in your face.

"This is weird, isn't it?" Ryker finally comes out and admits as he looks across at me. "I honestly never thought I'd see you again after I graduated."

I let out a laugh. "Yeah, well, small world and all that."

He lets out a deep breath. "Look, Kasey, I never actually apologized for what happened. I was an immature douchebag and I shouldn't have done it. Seriously, it was awful of me."

I nod. "Yeah, it was and at the time, you broke my heart. I'm not going to lie to you, Ryker, or sugar coat it. I thought you were wonderful and then you went and did that and I thought my world was ending but it was eight years ago. We're both past it."

"Doesn't stop me from feeling awful about it," he responds. "I honestly have no idea why I did it. None at all."

"Because you were young and stupid," I answer softly. "Stop beating yourself up over it. We were in high school. It was years ago. You need to get focused on the game you're about to go and play. Don't disappoint us and lose. I'm pretty sure my brothers have money on you guys winning this game."