I was far behind them, standing next to my couch while they continued to argue. "How delusional are you? You killed his mother. And let's not forget that we're standing in a house where Elena and Maya's aunt Jenna used to live. Or did you think that your charm would make us forget how you killed her, too? You know what? No. I am not going to engage in this. You are not even worth the calories I burn talking to you."

It probably wasn't good of me to not encourage myself in this conversation, because I was just listening. The minute I blinked, Klaus had already shoved my floor lamp into Caroline's stomach, biting her once he pulls her through the magical barrier.

"Now, that was definitely worth the calories." Klaus says, dropping her to the floor and smiling. "Caroline!" I yell, rushing over to her.

"Oh my god! Oh my god!" She continues to repeat this as I slide down the floor next to her. "Move! And learn how to control your freak of a boyfriend." Tyler shouts at me and pushes me out of the way.

I quickly move his hands off of me. "Don't touch me." I snap at him and he growls at me, launching at me when he gets pulled back.

"Don't you dare even think about touching a hand on her, you understand me?" Klaus growls at Tyler, standing over him. Tyler snickers, "I don't take orders from you anymore."

Caroline whimpers and Tyler looks down at her, before looking back up at Klaus. "She'll die if you don't heal her."

"Okay." Klaus bites into his own wrist and extends his arms, palms up. "Beg me to save her life."

"Is this what you want? To remind me that I'm powerless against you? Fine. You win. I'm nothing. Now save her. Please." Tyler pleads. "I'm sorry, mate. I didn't quite catch that." Klaus replies, wanting more from him.

"Please." Tyler repeats. "Please..." Klaus edges on. "Please save her life." Tyler answers him.

"See, now I think you're just telling me what I want to hear. I mean, you did call me pathetic earlier and try to hurt my girlfriend. And wouldn't it be more pathetic of me to help now, knowing that hours ago, you announced your plan to kill me in a manner in which you're debating because you want it to have a certain amount of flair? I'm just asking."

"I'll be your slave again. I'll do whatever you want. Just help her." Tyler pleads again and Klaus shakes his head, "No."

"Get me out of here. I can't even look at him." Caroline says, her voice full of disgust. Tyler nods and helps her up, "Come on."

I look up and watch him leave the room. Moments later, he comes back and lays her down on the floor. "You want to be in control, Klaus? Here. Now you get to be in control of her life. If you want her to die, fine. But then you can sit here and watch her die yourself."

Tyler leaves the door, shutting it loudly behind him. Klaus approaches her and she looks up at him. "Nothing personal, love. If I cure you, that means victory for him. Don't worry. It won't be long now."

"Klaus." I grab his attention, my voice soft, and he walks over to me. I know he knew what I was going to say. I can't watch my best friend die right in front of me. Not like this.

"You have to heal her. Please, for me." I beg him, trying to snap him out of his revenge phase. "As much as I don't want to disappoint you, I cannot. Tyler can't win." he tells me and I scoff, rolling my eyes, and walk away from him.

I sit next to Caroline and she grabs onto my hand. "Thank you for trying." She smiles softly at me, holding tightly on my hand as I frown at her. I can't let her die.

I feel Klaus' presence behind me and Caroline looks up again. "If you don't feed me your blood, I'll die." she tells him and I turn to look at him, and he was avoiding eye contact with me and Caroline. "Then you'll die, and Tyler will have learned his lesson the hard way."

"How could you do this to him? To his mom? To me?" Caroline asks him, her voice cracking. "I'm a thousand years old. Call it boredom." Klaus says behind me.

"I don't believe you." she tells him, staring right back at him. "Fine. Then maybe it's because I'm pure evil, and I can't help myself." Klaus states.

"It's because you were hurt," she says, closing her eyes once before opening them up again. "which means that there is a part of you that is human."

I hear Klaus shuffle behind me and I refused to look at him. "How could you possibly think that?"

"Because I've heard stories...from Maya. And I've seen it. How you look at her, talk to her, care for her. I know that you're in love with her. And anybody capable of love is capable of being saved."

Those words took my breath away and I sit still, unable to move. Never have I ever thought an original hybrid could fall for me. Of course I love him back, but those were Caroline's words and I needed to hear it out of his own mouth.

Caroline's breathing becomes weak and starts to fake, making me panic. I turn around to face Klaus, who looked torn. "Klaus, please..."

And all the sudden Klaus was giving Caroline his blood, and I watched Caroline heal in a second. After she healed, she rushed out of my house and I was left alone with Klaus, again.

I walk over to him, face to face. "It is true. I do love you." Klaus tells me, his eyes scanning my face. I give him a smile, pulling him closer to my lips. "Good, because I love you too." And with that, I connected our lips.