11. Welcome back

Parker

"Ah, Parker, why are you grinning like...a...pig?" Alex's face showed pure confusion as he observed his sister. The girl who used hide her feelings, emotions as much as possible was fucking smiling, ear to ear. Her eyes held a shine as she jumped into the kitchen, dancing and jumping.

At that question, she left the noodles up to boil and walked up to him. She held and lunged him up, spinning them round and round.

"Oh Alex, I... I am so so so happy." She was still thinking about her time with Cameron, the smile never leaving her face.

"Wo wo wo sister, put me down, will you?" He asked as she safely put him in the kitchen shelf.

"Now now, sister dear, what's the reason behind you smiling like this?" Alex wriggled his eyebrows, excited to know the reason behind his sister's happiness.

For a seven year old, he really was too mature and somewhere, too understanding.

He himself doesn't know that he's the reason behind his sister's existence. He's always there when his sister needs a shoulder, he's always there when his sister is starving herself. He was always there, helping everyone.

She left him there, humming to herself the tune of 'Perfect' by One Direction, giggling to herself.

"Oh my God, sis, are you sick?" He asked, his eyes bulging out by her sudden change of behavior.

"Duh Alex, can't I be seriously happy for one single time." She rolled her eyes and started doing the dishes.

"Of course you can sista, but well, never thought you will be this creepy when real happiness will seek you."

"Shut up Alexander George Hamilton."

The whole night was spend with her singing and giggling like that. For the first time in these two years, she didn't cry herself to sleep.
*********

She wake up from bed with a smile, quickly did her usual chorus and stepped into the hall.

"Good morning honey." And she turned around to find her dad sitting on the couch, a mug on the coffee table and his eyes on the screen of the laptop.

"You worked the whole night?" She asked as she sat beside him.

"Ah dear...its just done. Where's Alex?"

"Oh, he doesn't have school today, might be sleeping." She said, shrugging.

Her smile vanished when she found her dad looking at her, quite nervously.

"What is it?" She asked, confusion whirling her mind.

"Ah, its nothing... I just am..." He trailed, trying to change the subject.

"Dad...shoot." And a deep sigh escaped from her father's lips.

"Okay, so, sweetheart, you know how our company's branches are rooted across the whole country, right?" And she nodded.

"Well, you even know how I have to be away from you both for half of the month." And she nodded again.

"Ah, there's a conference in New Jersey and even our branch is going to get set up there...so..." And she knew what it was, he was going away...

"How many months?" She swallowed the lump that has grown into her throat and looked at him.

"Parker, I know its gonna be kind of hard and I have even hired a nanny...and..."

"Dad, for how many months?" She asked again, her voice cold.

"Six months..." He said, dropping his gaze.

"So, you're not going to be here the whole summer, nor you will be here in Alex's birthday?" She asked, her voice timid and weak.

"I am sorry honey, I... I actually wanted to be..."

She pulled on a forced smile before standing up and walking away, "Its okay dad, we will keep up everything."

And she was away from the mansion.

He had promised Alex to take him to Los Angeles, he had promised to be there for Alex's eighth birthday...

Things never turns out the way it should be...

And with that sour mood, she left for school, reminding herself that at least, she will be there for her brother.
*****************

Her eyes watched as everyone walked away, forming a path for her to walk on. They were afraid, of course they will be, she was looking like a fire ball and no one dares to play with the flames.

Her eyes traced the floor, she wasn't aware of those stares, she wasn't even aware of her whereabouts.

How can her dad to this to Alex?

She was too engulfed by her thoughts that she didn't even realised someone bumping into her which, caused both of them to fall in the ground.

"Fuck." They cursed in unison.

She looked up from her position to see whom she had bumped and as soon as her eyes met those baby blue orbs, she was blown away.

"Parker?"

"Chelsea?"
****************

Get ready for the real ride, readers.

This is going to be...epic.

With love,
Thewinter-star.