Chapter 1:Upgrade

ENJOY

Ability: player

Level: 1

Current skill: Level up, upgrade

The first thing I notice when I wake up is a notification. It's at a corner so it doesn't block my view. But it is there nontheless.

I look around to see if anything else has changed. The moonlight makes it barely visible to see all of my books scattered at the table, my game cd's all over the place and one of my sock in the floor with the other one nowhere in sight.

I stood up from bed and took a big yawn with a stretch. My room is not very big so I can cover half the room with a stretch. It's barely big enough for a bed, a table and a cupboard with a small walking space in between. The room is so silent that I can hear my own footsteps as I walk. I walk up to the bathroom rubbing my eyes.

I look into the mirror to see if something is wrong with my eyes. Nothing. My eyes looks perfectly normal.

At school

I have always found it hard concentrating in class. It's not that I have ADHD. It's more like I find studying very boring. I am more interested in music and arts. But today I am wondering what is it I'm seeing at the corner of my view.

Ability: player

Level: 1

Current skill: Level up, upgrade

What I'm seeing looks more like a game stat. So Level up, upgrade must be my skills. The one that looks most possible to do right now seems to be upgrade.

I look at the notebook in front of me. It's thin with a hard ridge as support. UPGRADE.

Wind enters through the window and flips my notebook. flap flap flap There is a doodle of me beating malfoy with a really long stick. Just looking at it brings smile to my face.

I stare really hard on the notebook again. UPGRADE.

Nothing. Wind flips my notebook again, this time turning to a page with a doodle of naked Jenny. She is raising one of her legs up high inviting a guy with rocking abs and biceps. I look so handsome. One last try.UPGRADE

Upgrade failed. Item destroyed

A notification popped in front of me. At least this thing is real. Maybe I should try upgrading something else.

pen, eraser, sharpener. Everything got destroyed. They turned into tiny dust particle blown by the wind after being completely pulverized.

Suddenly I got an idea. I take my eyes away from my ruined stationery and look at malfoy . The bully of our class. Maybe I should try and upgrade him next time. There is a nasty grin on my face that I know makes me look hideous but I still can't resist the urge when thinking about Malfoy turning into tiny dust particles and gone forever from my life.

I look away from him and towards the board. Oh oh Our teacher is looking at me. And he has the same face I was making when looking at malfoy.

"Alex, Show me your homework. And don't show me picture of a naked lady this time."

After school

After giving an insane explanation about why I couldn't show my homework and attending a bunch of other classes my school is over. Looks like this upgrade ability is bugged. I should upgrade something useless next time. I pick a rock nearby. UPGRADE.

Upgrade successful. Rock upgraded.

Upgrade to: Rock

Huh. What's the use of that. UPGRADE. UPGRADE. UPGRADE.....

After maybe hundredth time

Upgrade successful. Rock upgraded.

Upgrade to: Super Rock

Wow. cool.What does it do?

Super Rock. Does everything a rock does. Just better.

This is lame.