Nakakaintinding tumango naman siya.

I felt happy when he said those words. I don't know why. May girlfriend ako, and yet, why I felt happy? Why did I hope that there's a chance for us to be together? Then I thought about Cindy. Bigla akong kinabahan. Naguluhan ako lalo. Natakot ako. I'm afraid because I started to doubt what I'm feeling for her.

"Hindi ko 'yon nasabi kay Cindy because I kind of forgot her that time and when I saw Cindy, I got scared of what she will think of me." I bowed my head and closed my eyes, I feel so guilty and stupid. "I called my parents and asked them what they are planning to do..."

"Why did you set me up?" I quickly asked Mom on the other line. Hindi kasi nasagot sa tawag si Dad, baka siya ang nasa work.

"Why, Juliet?" Mom asked, "It's just a friendly date. Does it affect you?"

"B-but," I stuttered. Because it really did. "Why didn't you tell me immediately?"

"I just thought that maybe what you're feelings towards your girlfriend is just a phase." She answered truthfully. I can sense in her voice that she just cares about me. "You see, I'm still wondering why you suddenly became in love with a girl. Hindi ka nagkukuwento, anak. Tingin ko, naaliw ka lang kay Cindy, that's why. I mean, you're too young and it's not possible."

"Mom, I'm already twenty!" I defensed, "I know what I'm doing."

"But I can sense your confusion." She stated which made my mouth shut. "I am not asking you to be committed with him because it is not fair for Cindy. I care about that girl, too." Naging mas gentle pa ang boses niya. "Pero hindi masamang itimbang at pag-isipan ang mga bagay-bagay. I like Romeo for you, because he's a man. I like Cindy for you, too, because she makes you happy. But I want you to settle things with no regrets. It is not me or you father who'll decide kung sinong dapat mong makasama. We're just guiding you. And thinking about things which should be think ingabout is also a process of growing up and learning to love at the same time." Pangaral niya, "I'm right, am I not?" Wala sa sariling napatango ako. "You are confused of what we did. If we are to prolong the process, it'll just confused you more. Marami ka pang dadaanan. Life is all about starting things by ending the last chapter with a proper conclusion. No skipping. And you didn't end your last chapter well. That's what I feel."

"Then," Napatingin ako kay Dianne, I gave her a small smile while she held my hand in return. "I realized that they just want what's best for me."

"And all your actions is merely no one's fault but yours."

I nodded. All of my actions, all of what I did, I wasn't influenced by anyone and now it's bouncing back at me. And I'm hating myself for hurting Cindy so much.

Kitang-kita ko 'yon. I can feel her pain when she saw me being kissed by no other than Romeo. And I can't deny to her that I did not like it.

"Totoo pala iyon, ano?" She chuckled mockingly and shook her head. "Malalaman mo lang kung gaano kahalaga ang isang tao kapag wala na."

I felt a pang of pain stabbing me. "B-but...but she said I can be with her again once I realized that I love her and no one else."

"Do you think that's easy?" Tinaasan niya ako ng kilay. "Pare, you're taking her for granted again kung hindi mo pa alam."

"I don't know what am I going to do." I clenched my fist and closed my eyes. I feel like crying again. I want her back. I love her. No doubt. "I love Cindy. I will never, ever, doubt my love for her again."

It's my fault. I was too late to realized that what I feel for her is not a phase. Ang tanga ko para malito sa kanilang dalawa. Ngayon, alam ko nang hindi siya diversion ng feelings ko kay Romeo. Iba siya. All is genuine. And I was stupid because I let myself to entertain someone's feelings. Natuwa ako sa bagay na hindi ko dapat ikasiya, I was flattered by the truth that he likes me. I feel like a douche. I'm committed and in love. And yet, I cheated. And now, I'm regretting it. I hurt her. Even though I promised myself to make her happy.

"Kung gusto mo siyang balikan, ayusin mo muna yung gusot na ginawa mo." She advised, "May lalaking umaasa na sa'yo." Napakamot siya sa ulo niya. "Hirap maging maganda, ano?"

I pouted my lips. "Maganda ka rin naman but you don't have any problem in your relationship."

"Marunong kasi akong mag-balance ng mga bagay-bagay, I know what's my priority and I know what I want." She smiled sweetly. "Si Trisha lang." She grinned. "Anyways, maganda rin si Cindy, baka nakakalimutan mo. I'm sure na may ibang gustong maghangad sa kanya."

"She's mine." I answered dangerously. Just by the thought of Cindy being committed to someone hurts me so much.

"News flash!" She retorted sarcastically. "Break na kayo."

"Makikipagbalikan ako sa kanya."

"Paano, aber?"

"Liligawan ko siya."

I will not take her for granted this time. I'll prove to her that I love her. I'll prove to her that I'll choose her over and over again to anyone. This time, hindi na ako magkakamali.

Because this time, I'm sure as hell that I─Juliet Shin Parker─is deeply and madly in love with Cindy alone and no one else.

_____