"Aww. Were you ignoring your girlfriend, Kyo-Kyo?" Uo demands. "That's no way to keep her interested."

"She's not my girlfriend, dammit! And you!" He points at me. "Don't give them the wrong idea!"

I tilt my head. "What wrong idea?"

He opens his mouth to answer then closes it with a click, face turning a deeper shade of red even as he's glaring at me.

"Anyway, do you wanna come?" I ask innocently, changing the subject.

His brows are drawn in anger, but something in him switches off, and his muscles relax as he ruffles his hair instead. "Hell with it," he grumbles, standing up.

I grin, heading towards the door. Somewhere behind me, I hear a vague "they're the only ones who can't see it, huh?" but I ignore it and walk out the door and down the hall with Kyo, searching the classrooms we pass for any signs of them.

"So, what class are Momiji and Haru in?" Kyo asks, gaze lazily sweeping his surroundings.

I look up. "Um..."

His look is incredulous. "You mean you don't know?"

"Well, you know, I didn't really think it'd be important..."

"What!? How would it not be important?" he demands.

I shrug. "I figured we could just find them."

"Dammit, Skylar!" he growls. "Were you planning on searching the whole school?"

"Uh, maybe?"

"You're such an idiot!"

I laugh uneasily, rubbing my head.

Grumbling, he heads towards a group of freshman girls. "Hey, have you seen a couple of guys — last name Sohma? One's blond; the other has black and white hair."

"Y-yes. They're in our class," a girl with short, brown hair stammers.

"Go get them for me, will ya?"

"Yessir!" they say at the same time, rushing off to the room.

Just as I'm about to go to him — to tease him about those girls, who obviously had hearts in their eyes when they were talking to him — my foot catches a crack in the tile at a weird angle, causing me to fumble before I finally crash land on my butt.

"Ouch," I mumble, rubbing my back.

"Why didn't she even ask what class they were in?" Kyo wonders, sighing. "And now she's fallen again."

I'm going to say something smart in retort, but I get distracted by another voice.

"See that girl over there?" a boy says. "She's cute, huh?"

"Yeah, she's cute, but did you see that wipe out? She's a total klutz," another one, standing next to him, agrees.

Well, excuse me~

I stand up, brushing dirt off of the back of my skirt, scowling at the floor.

"You idiot! Don't you see the blonde hair? She's foreign!"

"Come to think of it, I did hear about two American transfers that were going here..."

"Exactly! And don't you know that blondes have more fun or whatever? They're totally down for anything!"

My grip on my skirt tightens, but I make myself relax, dusting myself off absently, trying to make it seem like I'm not even paying attention.

Try it, buddy. I dare you.