You Shouldn't Be With Me

+ I can't be the person I should be for you +

As he walked into camp, blood splattered on his face, drenching his clothes, your heart sank down to the lowest pit in your body

As he walked into camp, blood splattered on his face, drenching his clothes, your heart sank down to the lowest pit in your body. You were sickened by the act your boyfriend had just committed, wondering why he would do such a thing. He met your gaze, immediately looking away to the ground. You, however, weren't going to ignore this.

"Bellamy," you said softly as he dropped the gun to a wooden table. He was unstable, emotionally and physically. You placed your hand on his upper arm, gliding it up to his shoulder. However, he quickly flinched away, you hand dropping to your side.

"Please, I just want to talk to you," you say silently, hugging your body.

"Not now, Y/N," he mumbled, almost inaudible for you to hear. You grab his hand but he yanks it away in a violent manner, causing you to take a step back.

"Just leave me alone." With that he stomped away, leaving you with a steam of tears.

"It's okay, Y/F/I," Octavia said from behind you, squeezing you into a hug. You cry into her shoulder before she whispers in your ear, "He just needs some space to think."

And that's what you gave him.

+ + +

Five days later you were exhausted with his silence and moping around. He would never come to the tent you two shared. You would only see a few glances of him around camp and then he would disappear.

You were done with his nonsense.

"Bellamy!" You yell, rushing towards him before he runs away. You grab his arm, yanking him towards the back gate and dragging him out into the forest, right at the edge so the guards can see you.

"We need to talk," you say, placing your hands on your hips.

"I don't want to," Bellamy growled, keeping his head down. You grab his shirt and yank him back as he begins to walk away.

"I don't care!" You yell with frustration, "Bellamy, I'm your girlfriend! You're suppose to talk to me!"

"Well then maybe you shouldn't be anymore," he mutters, glancing up to your eyes.

"W-what?" You were completely dumbfounded by his words, trying to process what he said.

"You shouldn't be with me. I can't be the person I should be for you," he says, his eyes glossy with tears.

"Bellamy, I choose to be with you because I fell in love with the leader of a group of delinquents. I fell in love with the man that would do anything for his people. When I told you I wanted to be your girlfriend, I signed up for all the rough patches you go through, like this one," you say, reaching out for his hand. This time, he doesn't move away, but wraps you in his arms. For the first time in a week you felt normal and secure.

"I- I just don't know what's wrong with me," Bellamy whispers, pulling away from you slightly to look at you.

"There's nothing wrong with you, Bellamy," you respond, running your thumb across his cheek bone.

"There is. I killed innocent people. I'm a monster," he shakes his head, gently pushing you away before walking off. Before he could get too far away, he looks back and says, almost unsure of himself, "I- I think we should break up."

"Wait, Bellamy. Please don't do this," you yell after him, "I love you!"

"That's your fault for loving a monster," he replied, stalking off to the camp.

You were in tears, leaning against the tree to keep your weak knees steady. Your heart felt numb, along with your whole body as you slide down the trees trunk. You bury your head in your knees and cry till dusk.

• • • •

This chapter is horrible. The endings bad and yeah I tried.

I MIGHT REMAKE THIS CHAPTER

Anyway thank you all for 3K reads. It means a lot to know my work is being supported and loved by many.

Don't forget to READ, VOTE and SHARE !

-your author, annaleise