Demon Butterflies [Chpt 4]

Start from the beginning

"Screw that." He whispered and took his sweatshirt off.

"I don't need it." I said.

"Too bad." He put it over my shoulders.

I wasn't going to start arguing, I just put it on.

"You sure you're okay?" He asked.

I nodded. "I'm fine."

"Okay." He said unsure.

We got in the car not exchanging anymore words. He dropped me back off at the 'snob's' house. As we walked back to the window that we came out of I gave his sweatshirt back. If the witch saw me with that then I'd be in deep trouble. Shey helped me up through the window that was left open the whole time.

"See you tomorrow? Hopefully." Shey said.

"I really doubt it Shey."

He rolled his eyes. "Just leave her damn house and come to my house. I'm better than she is."

"You're funny. If I did that, I'd end up on the street."

"You can stay with me."

"As charming as that sounds I don't think so."

"Well I'm so sorry my house isn't fit for a butterfly queen."

"You don't get it Shey."

"I guess not." He sighed.

"I'll talk to you later."

"Okay."

I shut the window quietly. Because it was a lot darker in the hall then before, I followed my butterfly back to where I was. When I came back it looked like everyone was in the same position from when I left. It was kind of weird but I shook it off and went back to the group I was in. They didn't even know I left. Idiots.

I heard a laugh and knew exactly who it was.

"Okay! I'll talk to you later doll."

Doll?

The witch came over to me. All smiling and laughing but when she went to talk to me she became the witch.

"We're leaving. Get in the car."

I walked passed her and headed outside where I just came from. I am exhausted. Fainting like that just drained the energy right out of me. I don't even know why I fainted, it was so strange. Something like that does not happen normally. I brushed the thought of it off and just let my other thoughts wander in my head.

The next morning I started working on my chores. I have to wash the car . . . figures I'd be doing that . . . I have to drop off her mail at the post office, pick up groceries, sweep the halls, take out the garbage, and cook dinner. On my Saturday. That's too much.

I groaned and went downstairs to go take out the garbage. I went into the kitchen first. While I was in there I could hear the TV going. I could immediately tell it was the news. I listened in closely for anything suspicious. Nothing new. It's always the same every day. My phone rang and startled me. I opened it quick before I got yelled out. It was Shey calling. I sighed to myself and opened it.

"Hey Shey. What's up?"

He didn't answer.

"Shey?"

I listened for anything in the background, it was dead silent. I hung up on him. He must have accidently pressed a button. I went outside and put the trash on the side of the road. I turned around and bumped into something. I fell on the ground and was staring up to the sky.