Demon Butterflies [Chpt 4]

Chapter Four

The girl sat in a dark corner. She looked lonely and afraid. The poor thing, I thought. I was going to walk over to help but as I was going to she already stood up and walked forward. She looked around wondering where she was. It was a dark old building, the wallpaper was peeled off the wall and the wood behind it looked flimsy. It did not look sturdy at all and it looked like it was going to cave in. The room was gray and black. The floors were dirty and covered with old wood.

The girl didn't know where she was. Neither did I as I thought about it. As she turned to her side I noticed she had wings. Black wings of a butterfly. Her hair was long, a little wavy at the ends, and it was black. She was beautiful, like an angel would be. But, an angel wouldn't be scared like that. This girl had no hope in her eyes. It was drained out of her and left nothing behind.

I watched her walk across the dirt floor. Her black spaghetti strap dress was long and dragged across the floor about an inch or two. Her eyes filled with curiosity when she saw a white door. That first thing that popped in my head was what was behind the door. She thought the same thing. An old building, a scary one like this . . . what could be behind it?

The girl was curious as I was and went towards it. The white paint was chipped, old, and dingy. The doorknob was kept on the left side. The girl cocked her head and stared at the door with her dark eyes. I was itching to open the door and when I wanted it to be opened she did so. A burst of air came out. The musty air felt dark and evil. The words came out of her mouth as they popped into my head.

Demon Butterflies.

I gasped for air and I was staring at Shey who looked like he was going to break down crying. He was over top of me looking down to me.

"What the hell are you doing Roxi?!" He yelled at me.

I looked quickly to my right. My butterfly looked wobbly and weak but managed to get up and fly around. It flew around up in the sky like Shey's did. I looked at Shey.

"You scared me!" He yelled at me. "Is this payback for coming up behind you earlier! Because this really isn't funny!"

I looked around confused. That . . . what was it? What happened?

"Roxi!" He yelled at me angry.

"Sorry." I said gasping for air still.

"What are you doing?" He asked with a gentile tone. He rubbed my face.

"I don't know." I said about to cry.

"Come on. I better get you back." He got off top of me and helped me off from the ground.

I looked over to that person I saw. There was no sight of him. That was so strange. I felt like . . . I was dying or something.

"Don't scare me like that." Shey said whipping the sand off from my hair and arms.

I smacked his hand away. I don't like him near me a lot. I don't like him touching me most of the time. I took the sand of me. Shey doesn't argue with me about smacking his hands away or pushing him away. He knows what I have been through and he just doesn't want to hurt me. Even though I know he isn't going to hurt me it's just that fear I have with guys.

"Let's go." He said picking up my shoes and giving them to me.

I slipped them on and then I walked beside Shey keeping close. I am a little shaky from that incident I had. What was up with that dream? It felt so vivid. Why was that? Demon Butterflies. The words whispered to me like someone said it right beside me. I shivered and Shey noticed.

"Where's your sweatshirt?" He asked.

"The witch made me take it off because it didn't look 'proper.'"