Reveal

"I'll find the truth..."

Didn't Allura and Coran deserve the truth? When she thought she was alone, she would've killed to know about any others like her.

But how would that conversation go?

"Hey, princess. Well, you know how you and Coran are the last two Alteans? Well, surprise! There are two more, and I'm one of them." If only she had told them as soon as she met them. But the others had been around... Other than her parents, the rare occasions when she had told people of her heritage ended in being shunned or almost imprisoned. Well, usually almost imprisoned. Verdun was an exception.

"Pidge, are you lost in your thoughts again?" Lance smiled, pulling playfully on her aviator cap. She aggressively pulled the brown cap back down over her ears.

"Yes, now go away." She said sarcastically, willingly inviting Lance's teasing. She needed a distraction now.

"Why would I do that?" He joked, poking her in the stomach. She giggled, and he took her moment of weakness to snatch the cap.

"Hey!"

"Can I take a picture of the cap, please? Keith bet me twenty dollars that I couldn't get it off you." Lance begged, oblivious to Pidge's pointed ears. She ruffled her hair to cover the ends of them before agreeing.

"Alright, but make it quick." She groaned. Lance handed the cap back a moment later, dashing down the hallway towards the training deck. Pidge pulled the cap over her head, unaware what Lance had really taken a picture of.

°•°•°•°•°

"It's betraying her trust." Lance muttered as Keith showed the picture to everyone. Pidge's pointed ears stood out against her light brown hair.

"I know. But Allura and Coran should know." Keith argued. "Pidge will always be a part of this team. Teams shouldn't keep secrets."

"It is a bit invasive, Keith." Hunk mumbled, staring at the picture of Pidge's ears. Shiro, Allura and Coran sat silently on the training deck floor.

"Hey, Keith? I couldn't find anyone, are you-" Pidge burst in suddenly, rushing towards the group. She froze as she saw the picture. Her picture.

"Pidge, why didn't you say anything?" Allura asked suddenly. She placed a hand on Pidge's arm.

"I have my reason." Pidge answered hollowly, tears streaming down her cheeks silently. The salty liquid washed away the layer of cover-up the young paladin wore, revealing her pink markings identical to Allura and Coran's.

"A single reason? What one reason could be more important than the truth?" Shiro asked softly, not anger, buy confusion in his voice.

"You should know. You met him."