Now to the Reception...Finally!

*(Third Person POV)*

     Duncan and Courtney got into the limo outside the church to ride over to the reception hall.  Courtney still had her bouquet because she wanted to toss it to the girls at the end of the reception, build up some anticipation.  Gotta save some fun for afterwards, ya know? Well, it's normally more fun after the ceremony...oh well. For now, in this moment, they sat in the backseat of the limo and gazed into each other's eyes. They were both smiling and in a state of awe.

"We did it. We actually did it." Courtney mumbled to herself, blushing. Duncan heard and leaned over, planting a passionate kiss on her lips.

"Yes, yes we did," he replied after pulling away.  Duncan placed his hand on her thigh.  "And I'm so glad we did."

     "Me too," responded Courtney.  She grabbed the full champagne glass from the side and held it up.  "To the most perfect moment of our lives."  Duncan grabbed his also and clinked it against hers.  The limo pulled up to the building they rented out for their reception. The driver opened the door for them to get out and Courtney stepped out followed by Duncan. Everyone practically showed up at the same time and entered the building. The room was large and spacious with round tables and chairs that matched the wedding colors. "Wow this place looks great!" Courtney said to the wedding planner, Sammy. 

     "Thanks, I'm glad you like it!" Sammy replied, hugging her binder and smiling. 

     "We couldn't have done this without you," Courtney said, taking Sammy's free hand and smiling.  "Thank you."

     "My pleasure.  Now go have fun!" Sammy exclaimed.  Duncan gave her a nod before leading Courtney away to their reserved seats.

     Everyone found their names on the cards and went to their respective seats.  At one table sat the bride and groom with their bridesmaids and groomsmen.  Another for the bride's family and the groom's family and so on.  DJ and his staff had set all the round tables and began to bring the food out.  Duncan and Courtney got theirs first of course.  They were sat in the middle with their close relatives and friends.  They all ate and engaged in joyful conversation.  The food was divine, and DJ smiled at the crowd from the door to the kitchen at the back of the hall.  Happy tears welled up in his eyes.  Duncan suddenly ran up to him and tugged on his muscular arm. 

     "DJ!  You should come sit with us, take a break," he said in anticipation.  He hated seeing his old friend excluded from the party, especially after all his hard work. 

     "I'll gladly take a break," smiled DJ.  He took off his apron and hung it up on a nearby rack before following Duncan back to the table to enjoy some leftovers and company. 

     After the meal, music played, Sammy made sure to hire the couple a disc jockey, and people left their tables to dance and mingle.  Courtney got a lot of attention and compliments while Duncan got plenty of "congratulations" and such. 

Mitch walked up to Duncan and gave him a huge hug. "I'm so happy for you, D!"

"Thanks Mitch," said Duncan as he was being squeezed really tight by Mitch's muscular arms. "Where's Cherry?"

     Mitch awkwardly scratches his ear.  "She's over there, but well, uh, you see we're in a bit of a rough patch right now.  We've been together for awhile and it's past serious.  We had a fight about a week ago about settling down..."