6: I Need You

Your alarm goes off and you wake up to turn it off. You reach for your phone to see if Jack messaged you but there was nothing. Maybe the times are really different.

You get ready for school and head out, walking down the crowded streets of a Monday morning. You're school was fairly close to your home so you don't mind the walk.

When you reach your first block class and take a seat, your phone vibrates. A message from Jack.

Jack: Hey!!!

Me: Can't talk right now. At school. Later?

Jack: Sorry! Yeah later! Have fun! Learn things!!!

The message made you smile but a loud slam on your desk brought you back to reality.

You looked up to see Chloe Brandon, rich and popular are understatements for her. She was the school's queen.

"You're in my seat." Chloe said with a smirk across her lip, glancing at her comrades who were whispering and snickering.

You role your eyes and continue to take out your text book.

"Umm, hello?!?! I'm talking to you! Move seat or I'll be happy to tell the teacher on you!"

"You sound like a nine year old, Chloe. What's wrong with any other seat?" You say first with confidence but then you die back down your pride.

"This is the middle seat. I have to be in the center. So run along and sit in the back next to the garbage can where you belong. I don't want to see your face."

Chloe had you beat yet again. You weren't one for causing a seen. You didn't like her and she didn't like you. But to let her take advantage of you was the least of your worries. You gathered your things and went to sit at the back of the room, right next to the garbage can. It was stupid but if you didn't Chloe would make a huge scene and make everyone look and laugh at you. So just go ahead and do it so you can be done with her.

This was normal. It didn't matter where you sat, Chloe would always make you sit right next to the stinky trash. You've done this so many times that the trash isn't that much of a problem, it's the comments.

"Why can't she just learn?"

"Why is she still here?"

"Can she just get out?"

"Can she not?"

"No one even cares about her so I don't know why she still is here."

"She should just die."

I wish I could disappear.

Me: Talk to me. I need you.