Plans into Motion

Knuckles found himself bolting out the door the second Shadow had stated his predicament. Mephiles really did lie to him! Shadow still wanted to be together!

He could hear Tails and Amy behind him as he ran to where he remembered Shadow's house to be. It was almost noon before they got there.

Ignoring any stealthy ways of getting in, Knuckles broke the door, shouting, "Shadow!"

"Knuckles!" Shadow's voice shouted back, and Knuckles rushed to break through the door that his voice hid behind.

There Shadow was on the other side of the door, a wide smile on his face as Knuckles scooped him up into a hug. "You're okay...."

"Same to you." Shadow sighed happily as he hugged the echidna back.

"Where's Sonic?" Tails questioned.

"I don't know...." Shadow sighed. "Mephiles took him away."

"We have to find him!" Amy said sprinting out of the room and looking around the house. The other's proceeded to help, but they couldn't find anything.

_____________________________

Sonic struggled in his binds, trying to escape though they were on tight. His ears flattened against his skull as he felt the rope burn get worse. He looked to the large emerald, hope seemingly draining.

His ears twitched as a curse came from the shadows. He tried to find the source, but it was no use.

"It seems your friends have gotten Shadow out." The voice of Mephiles echoed through the room. "Perhaps they wish to meet the same fate as you?"

Sonic struggled more, trying to shout through the piles of tape slapped over his mouth. "Mph!"

"Of course they aren't a threat to me." Mephiles slowly came out of the shadows. "Except for that idiotic echidna, of course."

Sonic glared into the Shadow look alike's reptilian, green eyes.

"Oh, but I must kill him." If Mephiles had a mouth, Sonic would assume he'd be smirking. "Echidna's have rule over the emerald, especially him. I should've killed him all those years ago before the emerald was even shattered."

Sonic struggled more, hoping he could break out of the binds and stop Mephiles. The shadow look alike darkly chuckled as he faded into the shadows, leaving the blue one alone.

______________________________

"Where could Mephiles have taken him?" Shadow questioned as they all searched.

"Maybe it's not in the house." Tails suggested, and that's when they made the horrible mistake of going outside.

"Shadow the Hedgehog! Stand down!" A human shouted, pointing his gun directly towards the red striped hedgehog.

"It's the aliens!" Sticks shouted.

Shadow felt his heartbeat speed up as he stared at the human, the uniform bringing instant fear throughout his body.

G.U.N.

"Get back inside. Now." Shadow growled out to the others slowly. Amy and Tails found themselves slowly backing back into the house, as Shadow had told them. Sticks, however, bolted into the forest without a second thought. Knuckles just stood beside Shadow, not moving.

"Shadow, what's going on?" Knuckles asked as he laid a hand on the other's shoulder.

"Step away from the project!" Shadow froze as half of the group of humans pointed their guns toward Knuckles.

"Knuckles. Back away. Now." Shadow kept his eyes trained on all of the armed humans, ears flicking around for any sound of movement.

"Not until you tell me what's going on!" Knuckles didn't move.

"Knuckles, please. I don't want you hurt; just go back in the house and find Sonic." Shadow pushed him back slightly, making sure to not alert the humans.

"Shadow...." Knuckles looked at the hedgehog, eyes watering a bit. Shadow looked away and held his hands up, walking towards the group of humans.

_______________________________

"That should take care of Project Shadow for good." Sonic watched as Mephiles looked to the large emerald, crossing his arms. "Now for the echidna."

The blue hedgehog tried to get out of his binds, wondering what exactly the other kept talking about. Where was he? What is that emerald? What is going on with his friends?

Mephiles looked to the struggling hedgehog. "Why haven't you given up yet? Don't you see that this is pointless?"

Sonic glared but quickly winced at the rope burns around his wrists and ankles. Mephiles stood in front of him, lifting his head to meet his eyes.

"How does it feel to know that you've failed as a hero? That you're friends are in trouble, and you can't help them?" The dark voice seemed to echo in the blue hedgehog's ears and they flattened against his head by instinct. Mephiles let his head drop as he stepped away. "Perhaps you could be of use to me."

Sonic just stared at the floor, attempting to hide the fear he was feeling...

And the tears welling up in his eyes.

_________________________

"Shadow!" Knuckles shouted as he saw humans put a shock collar on his boyfriend. Shadow's ear twitched at the sound, but otherwise did nothing. Amy and Tails gripped onto his arms, making sure he didn't run and possibly get himself killed.

"Get it on the helicopter." One human said, glaring at Shadow with disdain. The others nodded and did as told.

"Stop!" Knuckles shouted. "You can't just take him!"

The commanding human turned to the three. "Project Shadow belongs to us. We can do whatever we want with it."

And with that, the human stepped into the helicopter and it took off.

__________________________

Sonic's ears twitched as he heard a shout that was undoubtedly Knuckles. His eyes widened as he looked around the room, finding that Mephiles was still there.

"Just the scream of a broken heart." Mephiles said calmly. "It seems Shadow is finally back where he belongs."

Sonic looked back down, relieved that Knuckles wasn't hurt. He wondered what was going on outside of wherever he was, and why Knuckles was screaming. He then tensed up as he looked back to Mephiles. The Shadow look alike noticed and calmly replied to his questioning glance. "The project has been returned to the ones who own him. Now," he pulled out another line of rope. "Shall we go?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Lava]

There was a little problem, so I had to fix it. So now it's all good :p

Anyways, wow, this is getting intense.
Hope you all enjoyed!!! ^_^

Also, to shanaomi3: Chill
I appreciate all the comments but jeez XD