Things are Happening

When Shadow awoke, he found himself locked in his room with a plate of food and a note from Mephiles. He picked up the note and read it, confused.

Shadow, you are going to be in here until these 'feelings' are gone. -Mephiles

Shadow groaned, falling back on his bed. Knuckles was going to be worried....

'That's the kind of thinking that got you stuck in the room to begin with.' he thought with a huff.

He had to stop thinking about Knuckles. He had to stop blushing every time his name came up in his mind. He had to stop thinking about how nice and considerate he is, and how those wonderful amethyst eyes sparkled when he was happy-

'Stop!' He shouted in his mind, covering his ears as if that would rid of his thoughts. 'These feelings are wrong, even Mephiles says so! He's the enemy, he's the enemy....'

For some reason, he couldn't actually bring himself to think that. It was too hard of a task.

'Great, so I'm gonna be stuck here forever.'

_______________________________________

"Knuckles."

"H-Huh?" a young echidna looked up to the other.

"You have to stay focused so the Master Emerald doesn't get stolen."

"I-I'm sorry.... The butterfly was just so pretty."

The other echidna giggled softly before picking up the young one. "Are you excited for today?"

"Yes!" The puggle smiled excitedly as he was led to a giant temple with a glowing green light shining at the top. Other echidnas greeted him, congratulating him on what he was about to become.

The guardian of the emerald.

It was a special task for only the best. He worked hard to earn that spot, even if he could be distracted a bit easily. That was the day that he would become the guardian.

If only he knew that an air fleet full of humans and one mouthless hedgehog was heading straight for his floating island.

The echidna looked at his tribe, them all cheering for him. He felt flustered from the attention as he looked around, spotting the friendly badger lady in the back cheering happily. His cheeks flushed as he waved to them all, gripping slightly onto the dress of his mentor.

He turned to face the large emerald, his smile wide.

That's when they dropped down.

"Hand over the emerald." The one hedgehog growled out, his reptilian eyes fixated on the echidna's mentor.

"Never." She crossed her arms, standing tall. The echidna watched as the tribe stood tall also, and he quickly did the same, his small form not making much of a difference. The echidna's terrified eyes locked with the demanding other's. Instantly, he vanished and the echidna felt a hard kick connect with his back, causing him to tumble down the stairs.

"Knuckles!" He heard his mentor shout in fear as he coughed up some blood, eyes widening.

The breath was taken out of him as a gloved hand wrapped around his throat. The hedgehog only looked at his mentor. "Give me the emerald or I take his life."

His shaky purple eyes met with the crystal blue one's of his mentor. She stared at him, fear evident in all of her features. Finally, she let out a shaky breath. "Alright. Just please put him down."