We walked down the halls and today people were actually smiling at me and nodding before going back to their conversation.

"It's because you bear Aron's mark – wait until you guys have sex, the entire school will love you."

I ripped my arm from hers and stared at her in shock, why was it every girl I met was so forward?

She laughed, "sorry." She took my arm again and we entered a half filled classroom. She dragged me to her table she sat at where two other girls were sitting. They nodded at me before getting up and moving.

I looked at Alana in confusion, "why did they move?"

She smiled at me, "you'll find a lot of girls won't want to be your friend – not because they hate you!" She said quickly at my shocked face, "simply because of...well who your soul mate is...they won't want to get on your bad side."

I frowned, "c-clearly I don't know enough about my own mate," I muttered.

Alana looked at me with wide eyes, "you mean you...you know n-nothing?" I frowned shaking my head. "W-well," she let out a nervous laugh, you don't want to be in this class until you do. Vampire History won't be good for you I your mate is centred in a huge part of the curriculum." She looked at me nervously, "you honestly never heard of Black Sunday?"

"N-no...should I?"

-

"Sebastian?" I snapped into the phone, "how long does it take you to answer your damn phone?"

"Woah someone is in a bad mood, what's up man?" My brothers voice appeared on the other end on the line and I recoiled from his terrible American slang.  "Mmm Seb come back to bed with me," a female voice crooned in the background, "I want you."

Closing my eyes I tried to focus on calming down, after last night with Ashia it was taking all of my strength to control my hormones.

"Man make it quick, I have a very compliant bride right now and I'd like to keep her that way."

"You're the one who left me the message to call you, you idiot!"

"Oh right! Okay well I was looking into August's coven as requested and I sent a couple of men to watch over them – thank my lovely bride or the daylight rings – but you are not going to like what I found out." I closed my eyes, dreading what he had to tell me, "Your little Bride's sister found her mate recently."

My eyes flashed open, "that's it? How is that damning?"
"Well...he's a werewolf."

I nearly crushed the phone in my grip, "fucking inbred little pups! When did this happen?"

"Yesterday."

Ashia wouldn't know then – of course I had read the letter before giving it to her but this hadn't been mentioned, no doubt she'd find a way to get in urgent contact with Ashia to tell her.

"Does your bride know about...you know..." Sebastian's voice was hesitant over the line.

I let out a growl, "of course she doesn't, why give her another reason to fear living here with me?" She'd have to find out though, why her sister wouldn't be allowed to come visit with her mate – why she wouldn't then come because her mate wouldn't let her leave.

"She'll have to know...and of course they'll have the big witch ceremony – which by the way her pup is all for. I hope you haven't fallen into the crap, keep it traditional and in the family chapel just like we all did."

"Clara tainted that chapel. It was hard enough just looking at it when I gave Ashia the tour. No, my little bride isn't going near there or anywhere near a wolf pack."
"I'll keep watching them for you, but your bride needs to know why, that's all I'm going to say."