Chapter 15

Emily entered the kitchen to see Haley sitting at the island. Her eyes were tired and red from crying. Her heart clenched for the older woman. She had caused this. "Did you know?" She asks as Emily gets closer to the island to get some morning coffee before heading on a run. "Did I know what?" She sits across from her and pours a mug. "Don't play stupid, Emily." She glares at the younger woman and Emily shakes her head. "No, I didn't know." The lie falls so freely from her mouth and she feels so guilty about it. "He won't be staying here anymore. I can't have him having an affair around my son." Haley took a large gulp of her coffee and passed it to Emily to pour another one. "I want to know what whore slept with my husband." Emily's heart clenched. She did this. "I'm sorry he did this to you, Haley." She reached across the island and held her hand. The blonde wiped her eyes clear of tears when she heard Jack moving around in the baby monitor. "I'll go get him." Emily quick went up the stairs and found him staring at the ceiling, trying to blink the sleep away. "Good morning, bug." She picked him up and he laid his head against her. She noticed Aaron's go-bag was gone from the closet and his shoes were gone from the front door. She must have made him leave early this morning. Emily brought Jack down to Haley where she was informed she had the day off. She decided she would spend the day just chilling in her room. Around noon, she received a text from Aaron. "Come to the hotel right outside town. Room 347." She got dressed quick and headed out. 

She knocked on the door and it was quickly swung open and he yanked her inside. She let the door fall behind her and she watched him stare down at her. She could see the pain in his eyes and she was filled with guilt. "Aaron, I am going to quit. You have to go back to your family." The young girl placed her hand on his cheek and he turned his head to kiss it. "I want my family but Emily, I need you." She stepped forward and wrapped her arms around his neck. He bent down and kissed her lips softly. "You make me feel alive and happy." He kisses her with more intensity. "You've made me realize I need more to life." He backed her into the wall and her hands found his bare skin. "Stop. Talking." 

Emily and Hotch were sitting on his bed eating a meal he ordered from room service. "She told me you aren't allowed in the house. So, I will be working a lot more." She licked the spoon clean of the rice pudding she was eating. He laid next to her, alternating bites after she had one. "Emily, you're a young girl. Beautiful. Smart. Why are you staying with me?" He asked. He was genuinely curious why she didn't tell him to fuck off and quit. Find any new job she wanted. "There is something about you that won't let me go." She admitted carefully. He smirked and leaned up to kiss her lips lightly. "Ditto." They 2 laid together for a long time and soon drifted off into peaceful sleep. 

She woke up and saw the time and realized she should get back to the house. It was late and Haley was distraught so she couldn't put Jack to bed herself. She sighed and looked down at her lover who was sleeping peacefully. Emily reached down and placed kisses on his lips lightly until his eyes fluttered. "I have to get going. I will facetime you so you can say goodnight to Jack." She kissed him once more and quickly made an exit.

When Emily entered the home, she knew it was going to be a long night. Jack was crying and Haley was sobbing as she cried to calm him down. "Emmy!" He cried out and she swept him into her arms. "Haley, why don't you just go to bed. I'll handle him." Without another word, she walked upstairs and down into her room before closing the door. She rocked him softly and waited till his cries slowed. She climbed into her bed and held him tightly to her. "I want daddy." He whispered. Her heart broke because she felt responsible for their family breaking up. She fell in love with Aaron and couldn't help it. She was stuck between a rock and a hard place. For now, she just held Jack because he was the only person keeping her grounded at the moment.