siete

WAYS TO PRACTICE SELF CARE!!

- take a warm bath with a cup of Epsom salt and a few drops of essential oils (like eucalyptus!!)

- make a healthy fruit smoothie with your favorite fruit

- take a nap!!

- stretch out your entire body. there are some helpful videos on youtube that can help you if you don't know where to start! ( the person who originally wrote this said they really like blogilates for this kind of thing but do what works for you!)

- volunteer at your local soup kitchen or pet shelter

- write down all of your distracting thoughts in a diary

- write down your aspirations and dreams and try to make concrete (and manageable) plans on how to achieve them

- spend time with your family or pets

- bake!! if you really want to spice it up, try making something without a recipe

- drink your favorite kind of tea or hot cocoa 

- do a hair and face mask and chill out while you wait for them to make you glo

- go on a walk/run. if you don't have the motivation to go alone, try calling a friend or family member or taking a pet with you.

- cook something with strong spices like tumeric or cinnamon to activate your senses.

- read your favorite book or a book that you associate with a good time in your life.

- clean your room or a part of your house. you'd be surprised how good you'll feel after you clear some clutter from your physical surroundings.

- drink a glass of cold water

- talk to a person you like (who is warm and nice to you)

- look in a mirror and point out 5 things you like about yourself, physical or not.

- go for a walk in a natural setting like a park or trail (bonus if you're barefoot! connecting to nature will make you feel surprisingly better)

(source: billclintonsoulmates on tumblr)